Skip to main content

So I scored a Digi 001 for $150. Great deal? I honestly don't know. I bought it cause it seemed like a steal. As far as Pro Tools goes, it's like greek to me. I've been using Cubase since the Atari days. Tell me I did the right thing.
:roll:

Topic Tags

Comments

fourone3 Thu, 06/28/2007 - 07:50

I'd say it's not bad. I'm not 100% sure about the compatibility with the 001 card in newer computers - if you'll be running on one, but I do know that if it either doesn't work with a new computer or you want to get a 003, you can exchange the 001 for that and might come out on top $50 or so.

I say fire it up and see if it works for ya :)

hueseph Thu, 06/28/2007 - 08:34

So far it runs perfectly well. The latency is a bit more than I expected. The one thing I did appreciate off the bat is that is sounds pretty clean. Other than that, I'm using it with Cubase. ProTools just seems a little to convoluted to me.

I suppose the manual will have to be bathroom reading for now. Maybe that'll clear things up.

hueseph Thu, 06/28/2007 - 15:26

fourone3 wrote: I've barely touched Cubase ... how do you adjust the latency within the software?

In Devices/device setup/vst multitrack/control panel. This opens up the ASIO control panel for your interface.

I've never really had to use the manual for Cubase. It just seems so straightforward to me.

hueseph Mon, 07/02/2007 - 19:13

I would like to express my appologies to anyone I may have offended regarding the use of ProTools. After forcing myself to learn the software and digging through the memory banks as to how to make use of a patchbay, I feel like the proverbial crust has fallen from my eyes.

I still love cubase for it's midi capability(when it works properly) but for audio, there is no doubt in my mind that PT definitely has the more logical layout. And........., ok it does actually sound better. That is the audio engine sounds better. The real time mixdown. Why didn't somebody tell me about this before? Maybe I wasn't listening.Very cool. Anyhow. I go back to my learning curve.