Skip to main content

Ok... the small studio is ever a-changing, but at least the brain has been purchased... it is a Mac iBook g4 1.33mhz with 1.25RAM. I went for portability over power... This is best for the musicians I work with.

So as far as portable interfaces go, what do you think of the Digidesign MBox with Pro Tools Le versus the M-Audio FW410 running either Producer Factory Pro or M-powered Pro Tools?

I have no experience with either, but I hear a lot of latency complaints about anything that uses USB as it's method of communication.

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Mon, 08/08/2005 - 17:35

If you go the Pro Tools M-Powered route, you have the flexibility to choose among many different interfaces (I think M-Audio supports 13 with more on the way most likely) with varying I/O and price. FYI, Producer Factory Pro is just a set of plugins--you still need Pro Tools besides.

The biggest advantage over the M-box is that the M-audio stuff is all PCI bus or firewire bus--which means potentially increased data throughput, and lesser latency, higher track count possibly, maybe even more DSP before glitching...

x

User login