Skip to main content

Hi there,

I'm currently on the lookout for a new mixer. As I have a digi002 and not that much outboard gear, I'm aiming for a digital mixer with integrated eq's and dynamics.

I've seen the DM1000 and the DXB200, but recently I came across the Tascam DM3200, and it has all the features i need, including 8 ch ADAT I/O to expand the digi to 16Ins and 16outs. But I have never heard a Tascam digital mixer... I afraid that it sounds kind of cold, because, among lots of things, it cost half of what the others I have seen cost. I know this might not mean anything but...

Does anybody have some feedback on this mixer? or any previous Tascam digital mixers?
And some feedback on the DM1000 and the DXB200?

thanks. :o
Joao

Comments

anonymous Thu, 06/09/2005 - 13:11

i went to a product demonstration for the mackie dxb. for once i think mackie covered all the bases with this one. you should check it out. if i had the cash/space for one i'd buy it.
the dxb has everything you could ever want and the options are endless, forever upgradeable because it runs with windows xp.

Midlandmorgan Thu, 06/09/2005 - 16:17

nak wrote: i went to a product demonstration for the mackie dxb. for once i think mackie covered all the bases with this one. you should check it out. if i had the cash/space for one i'd buy it.
the dxb has everything you could ever want and the options are endless, forever upgradeable because it runs with windows xp.

Everything EXCEPT auto latency compensation (HUGE omission) and a working FW on the market...