Skip to main content

HeyI got a E-MU 1212m for free from my brother.
Now Im struggling how to use it.
I installed it properly, and installed the newest drivers.
What I'm trying to do is to plugin my guitar in the big (the one step bigger than 3.5mm jack) Left channel jack.

In this picture its the first one in the part under.
http://www.audiomidi.com/assets/8758_1212MPCI_lg.jpg

And then record the sound and edit etc... so basically I'm trying to make music with it.
My problem is that I cant get it to send the audio to my other soundcard output. (the normal green output in pcs)
And i cant hear the sound in any way, not even if i record it with Cubasis VST 4.

Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Topic Tags

Comments

hueseph Wed, 08/27/2008 - 10:55

YOu might be able to find a 1/8" stereo to dual 1/4" "mono"(L/R) adapter. You would need to make sure it is stereo to left/right conversion though and not stereo to mono. Conversely you could invest a little money in some inexpensive monitors or make your own adapter with some parts from Radio Smack.

anonymous Wed, 08/27/2008 - 11:05

Naike wrote: What im trying to do is to plug in my guitar in the big (the one step bigger than 3.5mm jack) Left channel jack.

If you are going directly from your guitar to the card you are going to have impedance matching and level problems. You'll know by the low signal level, poor quality sound, and possibly a hum. A DI box should fix you up.
As an alternative you could also use the line out (not speaker out) of your amp into the card.

anonymous Wed, 08/27/2008 - 12:40

What would be the most cheapest and most easiest way to plug my guitar in the pc, so I could use a software or something for distortion effects etc, and then get the sound out to my pc headphones, or any other output.

Basically what im trying to do is, to replace a effect pedal system with my pc, excpt that i could record.

So Guitar --> PC (Instead of an effect pedal) --> PC Record --> Sound out.

anonymous Wed, 08/27/2008 - 14:10

Naike wrote: What would be the most cheapest and most easiest way to plug my guitar in the pc, so I could use a software or something for distortion effects etc, and then get the sound out to my pc headphones, or any other output.

M-Audio JamLab. ~$60 USD. I got mine on sale for about $30. Comes with guitar processing software, and you just plug into it like an amp. Has a headphone jack, and bonus: It works with PT.

anonymous Thu, 08/28/2008 - 11:08

GeckoMusic wrote: [quote=Naike]What would be the most cheapest and most easiest way to plug my guitar in the pc, so I could use a software or something for distortion effects etc, and then get the sound out to my pc headphones, or any other output.

M-Audio JamLab. ~$60 USD. I got mine on sale for about $30. Comes with guitar processing software, and you just plug into it like an amp. Has a headphone jack, and bonus: It works with PT.
Problem would be that i live in europe and would have to order that from the states

(btw whats PT)