Skip to main content

Hey Folks, I've been looking at these two units. The Mia comes off as the winner as far as specs go. .it has +4 dbv levels on the inputs (which is a pro setting) whereas the Audiophile has a +2 dbv setting (consumer levels). Also, the Echo has 1/4 inch balanced inputs whereas the Audiophile has unbalanced Rca. I want to get the right one since it will be taking a signal from my Great River me-1nnv/Studio Projects C3.

All comments will be cherished forever

Topic Tags

Comments

MisterBlue Sun, 07/06/2003 - 10:56

If it is only between the two cards you mentioned I think you already answered your own question:

Echo Mia has better specs, +4 dBv input level support and balanced 1/4" inputs. What more do you need to know ;) ?

On a related note, however, I would also pay attention to the quality of the drivers (listen around on this and other forums). I honestly don't know which one is better in that category but it might make quite a difference.

I assume your budget restricts you to only these two options? If not, I can personally vouch for the quality and performance of RME cards. I have not found a single disappointed user yet. You might want to check those out, too. http://www.rme-audio.com.

Hope this helps,

MisterBlue.