Skip to main content

Hi, I'm new here. I posted in this forum because it was the closest to the DAW that I am running (Cakewalk DAW) .
I have been using Cakewalk Home Studio 2004 since, well, 2004. I know it is a very old DAW by now, but it serves for what I do.

However, I recently purchased a 1 terrabyte drive and want to keep the program on the C drive of my computer, but set it to store my projects and everything else that will eat up hard drive space in the new hard drive.

1- I cannot figure out how to do that, and the manual is no help.

2- I'm in the middle of a project and would like to be able to migrate everything, Cakewalk Project files, audio data, everything to that new drive. Can anyone help me?

Edited to add: Is it as simple as going to "global options/folders", and where it says
Project files C:/Cake walk Projects
Templates
CAL files
Window Layouts
Wave Files
Video files
Sysx files
Play list
Groove quantize
Studiowaere
Patterns
Drum maps
all of which have the C:/ prefix, and changing that C:/ to a J:/ for all of them?
And are there any I should leave where they are?
Any help appreciated.

Comments

pcrecord Sat, 06/06/2015 - 20:20

To my knowledge, you just move the files and when you will open a project in the new location, it will ask where are the missing files. You then point to the right folder.
Or, you open the project and save it to the new location with the option to move audio files active. (it depends on the versions...)