Skip to main content

Hi all...
Sorry I've been kinda sparse around here for awhile; my mom was really sick for the few months; she finally passed away on this past Sunday.
Her body was just too tired, she didn't have any fight left in her.
I'm very sad - my mom is the reason I'm a musician, she always supported me 100%... but there's also a sense of relief, because she's not suffering anymore.
With her dementia, she hadn't really been my "mom" for awhile; though what finally took her was an infection that she just couldn't beat.
Just letting everyone know that I will be back, but right now my sister and I are still adjusting, and making arrangements.
Hope everyone is well...

Thanks,
Donny

Topic Tags

Comments

DonnyThompson Tue, 05/22/2018 - 06:56

Hi all. :)
Been a little preoccupied dealing with the aftershock of my mom's passing; she was cremated last week, so there's been no real rush on funeral arrangements, though it's likely that this will happen soon.
My sister and my brother in law did an amazing job of taking care of her over the last few years; so I'm letting them breathe a little, not pressuring my sister to make any immediate arrangements... Both of them deserve the time to decompress for awhile. After all they've done, it's the very least I can do.
Hope everyone here is well...I'll be back around a little more frequently soon, as life returns to normal.
I really appreciate the support and sympathy from everyone here on RO. This a special place for me, a port in the storm; it always has been. Thank you all so much. ;)
--d.

KurtFoster Tue, 05/22/2018 - 10:21

your Sister must be pretty special. taking on elder care is a daunting task, i speak from experience. it can seem endless and they don't get any better. it's the long goodbye.

for your Brother in Law to go along with it is something remarkable too! too often these days, kids just can't be bothered and they will just find a "Place for Mom". kudos to your Family for stepping up and doing the right thing when it really counted. bless you all.

x

User login