Skip to main content

Has anyone used this monitors. I wasn't able to find much information for these but I found them in a very good price. I used to mix on NS10 a lot. I'm mounting a small mixing/tracking room at home to do some of my ork and lo budget productions. Do you think this may ork?

I do mostly acoustical/jazz/fusion. Sometimes pop/rock too.

Do you think this will serve for a start.

Thank you in advance.

eFe

Comments

pmolsonmus Tue, 12/23/2008 - 06:34

The rap on the 4200 series was that it wasn't made as indestructible as other JBL lines. JUst over 10 yrs ago, these were very popular, but their "pregnant" look didn't always sit too well.

I own a pair with an S5(?) sub and trust the sound it gives me. I've got it set up as satelites off the sub and driving with one amp and the response is very good for my needs. I bought mine used from someone I trusted after listening to them. I advise you do the same. If they work, they can be a very nice monitor if your room is big enough to handle them. They're a little too large for the typical near-field set up.

Phil

RemyRAD Tue, 12/23/2008 - 12:02

Is it says it's a professional series JBL? Buy it. You'll love them. They'll be your references for life. You don't necessarily need a sub. I work without those unless I'm in somebody else's control room who has one. In which I may not have any choice. They were known as the definitive rock-and-roll mixing speaker, the 4310's 4311's 4312's and this is just one other smaller offshoots. So you've made a wise choice.

Speakers are as important as the microphones you use
Ms. Remy Ann David

x

User login