Skip to main content

Hello all,

It's hell that this happens on a weekend without access to tech support . so you all can help me :D .

Just received my first ever outboard AD (Lucid 9624). Was anxious to try it out...hooked it up in between my Benchmark MPS420 pre and Masterlink. Everything is plugged into a Furman PL8, BTW...

Anyway, powered up the Furman, and nothing from the Lucid. no meters, no digital feed to the Masterlink, nada. Took off the toslink cap and was seeing a red light, though. After a couple of minutes, I started smelling that oh-so-wonderful smell, went back to the Lucid's line lump and it was hot as hell. Powered off immediately. Waited about an hour, tried powering the Lucid straight into the wall (bypassing the Furman). this time, no heat from the line lump, but still nothing from the AD.

I hope this isn't par for the course from Lucid. I'm stuck with the Masterlink converters for the time-being . would you suggest I call Lucid directly or my vendor (Cascade Media)? At any rate, I'm not paying for this turkey.

Cheers :?,
Mike

Topic Tags

Comments

Cucco Sun, 11/13/2005 - 08:12

In either case, both folks (cascade and Lucid) are good people. They will both help. However, considering it's brand new, I'd call Cascade. They'll take care of you.

This definitely isn't par for the Lucid course - they make fantastic gear, made well and sounds great. Get a working one and enjoy it for life.

J.

Thomas W. Bethel Thu, 11/17/2005 - 05:19

I am surprised it made it though the QC process. Maybe it got damaged in transit.

I had a piece of equipment that the whole circuit board was cracked and off its mountings. The outer box was not harmed and neither was the inner retail box. How the circuit board was trashed was beyond me and the company that sent it to me could not believe that it was damaged. They told me to file a claim with UPS but UPS said the outside and inside boxes were in perfect shape so it was not their problem. The manufacture finally had me send it back to them on their nickle and sent me a new one that arrived without a problem. The only thing I can think would have caused the circuit card to break was someone at the factory breaking it when assembling it by overtightning the screws or getting it ready for shipment. How it got though QC was beyond my understanding. The company went out of business shortly after this episode so maybe it was part of their problem.

Cucco Thu, 11/17/2005 - 05:23

hughesmr wrote: I'm happy to report that, after contacting my vendor (Cascade Media) and hooking up with Lucid, they had a replacement unit overnighted to me. Works like a champ!

Cheers,
Mike

Very Cool!!!!

Both Cascade and Lucid are great companies. It was certain that they'd take care of you.

J.