I got a ques for yall,would a delta 1010lt pci soundcard work
with my pc i got a compaq presario microsoft windows xp home
edition 2002, 32 bit{86},windows version says 5.1.2600,if I'm correct,
i would really like to know if the delta is compatible with my pc,
before i purchase it and if not do yall know another pci soundcard that's
equally good and would be compatible with my pc. thank you for your help

Comments

Boswell Mon, 02/01/2010 - 03:16

I thought a Compaq Presario was a laptop. PCI cards do not fit into laptops. Maybe there are older desktops bearing the Presario name.

If your computer is an older desktop, a PCI card like the Delta 1010lt will fit in it. If it's a new desktop with only PCIe slots, or if it's a laptop, then it won't.

Kapt.Krunch Mon, 02/01/2010 - 06:07

Boswell, post: 298864 wrote: I thought a Compaq Presario was a laptop. PCI cards do not fit into laptops. Maybe there are older desktops bearing the Presario name.

If your computer is an older desktop, a PCI card like the Delta 1010lt will fit in it. If it's a new desktop with only PCIe slots, or if it's a laptop, then it won't.

Presarios can be either a desktop or a laptop (hundreds of different Presarios over the years), but you are correct with the rest of it.

Kapt.Krunch

CoyoteTrax Mon, 02/01/2010 - 07:39

Boswell, post: 298864 wrote:

+2

If it's a desktop pc and you have an available pci slot then go for it...the 1010LT is a great card for the money, I loved mine and still have it on one of my machines in the studio. 8 years old now and it still works as well as it did on day 1.

recordjunkiehtx Mon, 02/01/2010 - 13:48

[quote=CoyoteTrax, post: 298872]+2

If it's a desktop pc and you have an available pci slot then go for it...the 1010LT is a great card for the money, I loved mine and still have it on one of my machines in the studio. 8 years old now and it still works as well as it did on day 1.

thx for the info, yea mine is a desktop 2002,,but would it matter if my desktop was 32bit[X86} or will the delta 1010lt still run on my pc?.thx

recordjunkiehtx Mon, 02/01/2010 - 21:17

yea i just heard {x86} means you have a 32bit processer.by the way what is the delta 1010lt used for.does it improve quality of sound or recording or is it just gonna sit in my desktop,the reason im asking is because alot of people have told me that it doesnt improve anything.so then what is it used for? How can i improve my recordings i just want to record, midi keyboard and vocals thats it, nothing else.thx for the reply

hueseph Tue, 02/02/2010 - 08:22

Well the 1010 is better than your SoundBasher card if that's what you're asking. You will get better latency than with the SB too. I would go for the 1010 rather than the LT though. The 1010 has balanced I/O via TRS connectors. The LT gives you two XLR connectors and the rest are unbalanced RCA connectors.

recordjunkiehtx Tue, 02/02/2010 - 13:27

delta 1010lt

[quote=hueseph, post: 298953]Well the 1010 is better than your SoundBasher card if that's what you're asking. You will get better latency than with the SB too. I would go for the 1010 rather than the LT though. The 1010 has balanced I/O via TRS connectors. The LT gives you two XLR connectors and the rest are unbalanced RCA connectors.[/QUOT

yea i would get the delta 1010 but i only got $250.00 right now to spend but just for right now i just wanted to try out the delta 1010lt.So all the sound card does is reduce latency and that's it? thx for reply

hueseph Tue, 02/02/2010 - 14:50

Well, it also gives you true 24bit 96kzh recording capability and balanced inputs. You don't realize how good that is until you've tried it. But, go ahead and record with what you have if that's your intention. There are plenty of two input USB devices that also come with software packages that usually include Cubase LE/ Ai4 for at or around $250. Those will give you better sound than any gaming card.

CoyoteTrax Wed, 02/03/2010 - 08:50

No card I'm aware of will improve your midi sound and the mic pre's on the 1010LT (while useable) aren't anything to write home about. They're fairly sterile really...cold with no character and can often be downright unflattering. You might consider an inexpensive midi card like a used Echo Mia Midi and a used inexpensive outboard pre like a SP VTB1 or an ART tube PAC. The echo cards are fantastic and can be found cheap sometimes on ebay. Solid drivers with great headroom. In your price range there are just so many options.

x

User login