Skip to main content

motu 2408 sync problems

Member for

21 years
Hi Guys, I'm using 3 x MoTU 2408 with cubase vst5 on a mac g4. I'm having a problem trtansferring a track from my Fostex DAT via the optical connection through my TC finalizer then through sp/dif into the motus and then into cubase as a stereo master file, which I can cut and export to burn. I'm getting digital glitches on the transfer. I'm setting the PCI console to sync from 2408 -1 sp/dif and setting the TC Finalizer to sync from 48kHz, but no joy. I've tried to sync from PCI internal, with the TC on 48kHz but the same happens but a different digital noise is heard.

My mastering stuff is backing up and I'm going crazy!!

Please help!!

Cheers

Willis

Comments

Member for

21 years

Member Mon, 03/16/2009 - 14:34
Great, the system used to work fine, but something got altered and now I can't find the remedy. The DAT has never been linked to the finalizer other than by optical. Will the finalizer sync to the dat via optical link? And is it right to choose "sync from 2408 sp/dif" in ther motu settings?

Member for

13 years 11 months

RMB Mon, 03/16/2009 - 17:13
willis wrote: Will the finalizer sync to the dat via optical link?
I don't know the Finalizer, but I imagine you can choose it as the clock source.
willis wrote: And is it right to choose "sync from 2408 sp/dif" in ther motu settings?
In this case, yes.
x