Skip to main content

You all see the new PreSonus 16 0 2 mixer just announced today. I don't know the price yet but will post it as soon as I hear. Its got to be a serious deal.
A great system for quick and slick stuff. You can record and do all the same remote stuff the same as their 24.4.2 and 16.4.2. Pretty cool.

Seems consoles are on the move again. Two announcements for new consoles announced in two days.

Check out the new video:

Comments

sheet Wed, 04/20/2011 - 18:49

BobRogers, post: 368202 wrote: I'd like to see a 32 channel version for our church, but If I was running a bunch of keyboards I'd be all over this. My Nord in stereo for organ, a stage piano, an Alesis ... then maybe a mini Moog...Its only money.

You can strap two 16x4x2s together and have more flexibility.

moonbaby Thu, 04/21/2011 - 10:12

I know what you mean. After using the ADL600 for the past month, I have a much better appreciation of Presonus's gear.
I like what I have been reading and hearing, and even though my church had issues with the one they bought (and subsequently returned) for IEM's, I will probably end up with the 16. The 24 is a real temptation, but a little large for the room I'm in.

Hey, Sheet...Anyone ever tell you that you look kinda like Keith Emerson from the 70's ?

audiokid Thu, 04/21/2011 - 10:35

Same. I've always thought PreSonus was just a bit better than the home market. The ADL600 and SL changed this for me. I definitely have a new respect for this company. I hope they are able to keep a close eye on the quality control. I think they are setting the bench for this and if there are problems, they are on it. Reading the PreSonus forums, there seems to be some concerns over the power supply on the 24.4.2 but so far I've experienced nothing. I haven't loaded it up to the max though. Have you heard anything Sheet?

What problem did your church have Moon?

I spent the majority of yesterday setting up and becoming more familiar with the 24.4.2 for my laptop. I upgraded the firmware and its running smooth. I still can't get over this thing. Plug the firewire into your laptop, load in Capture and in a matter of second, 24 tracks recording like nothing.

I think the 16.4.2 may be spot on for you.

moonbaby Thu, 04/21/2011 - 11:05

It wasn't a reliability issue, it was a political issue over who got what in their mix. The music minister decided after 2 rehearsals to trade it back in. I thought that it was a bit premature, but when your drummer is a prima donna "drummer to the stars", that's what happens. The guy doing the stage mix tends to blame anything on the gear, and either didn't understand the concept or like it. This is why I left them at the end of 2010...
Chris, does Capture provide for dubbing multitracking, or would I better served with Logic?

audiokid Thu, 04/21/2011 - 12:48

moon,

Capture is enable, press record and go! Nothing else from what I understand to date.
Capture is the live recording program for SL design for exactly all you need. You will be amazed with an imediate , ya... its about time and it might even make you laugh! Its like the perfect thing and its name "Capture" says it all.

Yes, correct. Use Logic for mixing and editing. Its also limited to 16, 24 or 32F / 44.1 or 48k right? You are aware of this yes?

audiokid Thu, 04/21/2011 - 15:38

I highly recommend this if you are not trying to hit the same sound quality as a Pro Studio. If you are cool with great sounding demo's, this is the ticket. Nothing in this price range that I know of comes close. Just be sure you know this. We all have different standards to what Pro Means so I think you know what I mean by this? Big bucks or this...

As far as the learning curve,,, no problem! This is so logical. You will slide right in and blaze along.

moonbaby Fri, 04/22/2011 - 09:52

I need to clarify the situation...at this time, all I have used in the digital world is my Alesis rig (HR24 and a Bastardlink) and Sonar... I had decided on Logic after the posts HERE praising it vs HoTools...I have not popped for the new computer or Logic yet. Any way that I go will be a steep learning curve. The fact that I am not having to integrate with somebody else's PT rig opens up the possibilities, no?

x

User login