Skip to main content

Hi All,
I'm thinking about getting a RODE Nt1000. I currently have an ADK Hamburg.
I just have a small home studio, nothing great, just for my own demos, song writting aid, maybe put out a home studio quality CD at some point if I can pull a decent enough sound out. I'd probably make use of the NT1000 for vocals, acoustic guitar, maybe mic an amp, basically where ever I can find a use for it. My voice is Jame Taylor'ish and can also range from a blues'ish slight raspyness to a clearer bluegrass type tenor sound. I'm liking my Hamburg, it has a smooth even warm sound, but I'm open to other sounds and suggestions, mics...
I also have an ART Pro Channel, so any thoughts on that and the NT1000 mating/sounding together.
Anyway now wanting to get a second decent budget mic, I'm wondering how a NT1000 is in contrast to my Hamburg, sound wise that is, would the two mics (Hamburg and NT1000) compliment each other giving me some variety or do you think they'd be to similar and perhaps I'd do better considering another mic.

Comments

Jeremy Thu, 08/03/2006 - 15:01

I absolutly love Rode products.I am quite suprised everyone on this board hasnt chimed in with get a new preamp. Unless you are rocking a Sebatron, or better all these gear heads will slay you. I really like the FMR RNP, or even yet the Peavey VMP-2 (both are recomendations by Jeff Strong for bang for your buck). I would also look at getting a killer dynamic mic especially for male vox, try an EV re20, or a sennheiser MD421, best of luck, and cheers.