Skip to main content

I have my ultragain pro-8 out into my 002 rack to record drums . its cracking though randomly and really not recordable till these cracks are gone..

Advice how can i fix this

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Thu, 05/31/2007 - 18:34

your sample rate is set wrong. If you are recording at 48kHz in Pro Tool, make sure the switch is set the same on the back of the ADA8000.

If the pops and clicks persist after you have made sure the sample rates are set the same, go into your "Setups" menu, select "Hardware Setup" and set the clock to "Optical".

Boswell Fri, 06/01/2007 - 04:13

I would run the recording at 44.1 KHz if you are going to be burning to CD at the end of it all, so the ADA8000 switch should be set to 44.1KHz.

However, I think that your pops and clicks are unlikely to be due to a sampling rate issue, rather a matter of checking that the 002 clock source is set to ADAT in PT.

BobRogers Fri, 06/01/2007 - 07:48

Boswell wrote: I would run the recording at 44.1 KHz if you are going to be burning to CD at the end of it all, so the ADA8000 switch should be set to 44.1KHz.

However, I think that your pops and clicks are unlikely to be due to a sampling rate issue, rather a matter of checking that the 002 clock source is set to ADAT in PT.

That's almost certainly the answer.