Skip to main content

raindirk series 3 ?

Member for

4 years 7 months
I have a lovely old raindirk series 3, upon closer inspection of the individual channel strips, some of them are marked series one or series two. does any one know which model i have... cheers robin t pot studio scotland
it is cream in colour, 24 ip 24 monitor 8 group, gpo patch bay...

Comments

Member for

9 years

DonnyThompson Wed, 05/03/2017 - 06:27
robin, post: 449948, member: 50539 wrote: I have a lovely old raindirk series 3, upon closer inspection of the individual channel strips, some of them are marked series one or series two.... does any one know which model i have... cheers robin t pot studio scotland
it is cream in colour, 24 ip 24 monitor 8 group, gpo patch bay...
Other than being remotely familiar with the name, I've never used one ...don't think I've ever even seen one. Is it made in the U.K.?
The only guy I can think of who might be able to help you is our resident genius, Boswell.
@Boswell

Let's see what he -or any one else might know.
And now I'm interested myself. ;)

Member for

15 years 7 months

Boswell Wed, 05/03/2017 - 08:05
The Raindirk name is well known as great-sounding consoles, but I've never used or serviced any of them, I'm sorry to say. I know their Watlington office is officially closed, but have you tried giving [[url=http://[/URL]="http://www.raindirk…"]Cyril [/]="http://www.raindirk…"]Cyril [/]a call?

I was sad to see your posting on FB that you are having to shut up shop as well. I'm a great fan of Celtic Fiddle Festival, and knew that their latest album title references Tpot Studio. Was that album tracked through the Raindirk?

Member for

4 years 7 months

robin Wed, 05/03/2017 - 10:28
Boswell, post: 449964, member: 29034 wrote: The Raindirk name is well known as great-sounding consoles, but I've never used or serviced any of them, I'm sorry to say. I know their Watlington office is officially closed, but have you tried giving [[url=http://[/URL]="http://www.raindirk…"]Cyril [/]="http://www.raindirk…"]Cyril [/]a call?

I was sad to see your posting on FB that you are having to shut up shop as well. I'm a great fan of Celtic Fiddle Festival, and knew that their latest album title references Tpot Studio. Was that album tracked through the Raindirk?

hi... yes it was tracked through the raindirk.. it is the sweetest desk, everything was tracked flat ... they are such great players, the album for me was a pleasure to record... it is a shame the studio is closing but i am in need of resting my ears a bit after 30 years of recording , i am trying to find homes for some of the vintage gear i have, the raindirk being one which is really difficult to value, and a pair of emt 140 stereo plates , one is valve the other tranny... i acquired these from 10cc s strawberry studios so they have had everyone thru them from 10cc, joy division to the bay city rollers.. any help or direction as to the best place to sell this kind of stuff would be appreciated... cheers ... robin

Member for

4 years 7 months

robin Wed, 05/03/2017 - 10:30
it
DonnyThompson, post: 449962, member: 46114 wrote: Other than being remotely familiar with the name, I've never used one ...don't think I've ever even seen one. Is it made in the U.K.?
The only guy I can think of who might be able to help you is our resident genius, Boswell.
@Boswell

Let's see what he -or any one else might know.
And now I'm interested myself. ;)
Thanks man it is a lovely desk, circa 1973 /72 i think... a wee bit squealy on a few eq pots but other than that all working well...

Member for

8 years 9 months

pcrecord Wed, 05/03/2017 - 12:03
robin, post: 449948, member: 50539 wrote: upon closer inspection of the individual channel strips, some of them are marked series one or series two
Just a guess ; it's been repaired a few times with available parts either with new ones or they bought old mixers to scavenge the parts ... hard to say which series by checking the channel strip. Is there any markings Under it ?? If not, maybe Inside... :unsure:

Member for

4 years 7 months

robin Wed, 05/03/2017 - 12:17
pcrecord, post: 449976, member: 46460 wrote: Just a guess ; it's been repaired a few times with available parts either with new ones or they bought old mixers to scavenge the parts ... hard to say which series by checking the channel strip. Is there any markings Under it ?? If not, maybe Inside... :unsure:

i got in touch with cyril the guy that built it, he has memories of it being a prototype, and asked me to send pictures of the individual channel strips to identify them... thanks for the input... cheers robin

Member for

4 years 7 months

robin Wed, 05/03/2017 - 12:18
DonnyThompson, post: 449962, member: 46114 wrote: Other than being remotely familiar with the name, I've never used one ...don't think I've ever even seen one. Is it made in the U.K.?
The only guy I can think of who might be able to help you is our resident genius, Boswell.
@Boswell

Let's see what he -or any one else might know.
And now I'm interested myself. ;)
yes it is british, made in cambridge.. cyril who made them was involved in the creation of the helios desk..

Member for

21 years 2 months

audiokid Wed, 05/03/2017 - 12:43
robin, post: 449977, member: 50539 wrote: i got in touch with cyril the guy that built it, he has memories of it being a prototype, and asked me to send pictures of the individual channel strips to identify them... thanks for the input... cheers robin
Hey Robin, please post some of the images here too, I would love to see what they look like as well as to have a reference here.
x