Skip to main content

I have two 2520's and one original Jensen 75101 but In need one more as well as a pair of 2164 or 2503. not sure havent tallied the job and pieces all yet, just started last night. I like the idea of vintage pieces as opposed to new. That might be a mistake and feel free to correct me if I am wrong...Anyway, had a great time racking in the past. Someone point me somewhere for used pieces on either coast but prefer the west. Thank you again for all of your help.

Comments

RemyRAD Thu, 02/26/2009 - 10:09

The original API 312 utilized an API built microphone transformer. They later went to the Dean Jensen microphone transformers, JE110KE & the most recent JE 115 which are 15: 1 as opposed to 10: 1 on the JE 110. The output transformers were unique in that they had 3 separate secondary windings. But there were many other consoles built with the 2520's utilizing other output transformers. For instance Neil Muncie's Suburban Sound Inc. consoles all utilized Beyer microphone input transformers and somebody else's output transformer. But you might just want to utilize the Jensen output transformers as they are more readily available, high-end quality and you have a wider selection. Otherwise, you might want to look for some API 325 line cards? Those have the API output transformers. You don't normally find those transformers floating around that are not on API cards, as I don't believe API used those off card?

I have an SSI 8 pack 2520 preamp box along with my API 3124m's & a separate 1 U rack box with 4 312 cards in it.

I love my API stuff but then I love my Neve stuff as well.
Ms. Remy Ann David