Skip to main content

Hey guys, need help with set up, mainly why everything that comes through the pc is recorded. Should be simple but not getting something right.

Alto 1604 》 Usb Audio In/Out (digital cable?) 》Desktop 》 Cubase 5 (Temporary Daw atm aha) and Asio4All atm as well.

Erm yhh you can probably already tell the problem but I'm stumped, metronome plays on any Recording, and anything else playing through desktop, haven't figured out how to stop it unless metronome through headphones. I'm assuming it's the Daw vst connection setting's... any help here appreciated.

One love,
Grinchy

Comments

pcrecord Thu, 09/13/2018 - 05:39

Ok, I see what's going on.. You are sending your audio from the computer to the mixer and then record it back to the computer.

Advertisement says : Live 1604’s built-in USB port allows engineers, producers, and performers to convert two channels of 24-bit audio (Main Mix or Sub Mix 1/2) straight to a computer

The problem with your 1604 is that it only transport audio from main or submix. So you can't record only a few channels as multitracks, it must be mixed on the main or submix..
but then if you choose submix, you should be able to decide which channels you send to it. You should check in the manual, how to record only the submix, then only send what you want to record to the submix. In the end you should be able to record 2 seperate tracks if you pan them hard left and right and send them to the submix 1/2) then in your daw, you record the left and right on seperate tracks..

Advertisement says : Live 1604’s built-in USB port allows engineers, producers, and performers to convert two channels of 24-bit audio (Main Mix or Sub Mix 1/2) straight to a computer