Skip to main content

Finally! RME has updated the older Total Mix to FX. Its working great.

HDSP/HDSPe MADI, AES, RayDAT, 9632, 9652, AIO, MADIface, Multiface, Digiface, RPM
;)

Topic Tags

Comments

pcrecord Tue, 09/30/2014 - 07:45

audiokid :
Hey Chris,
With my last interface problems, I went a bit crasy and ordered a used 9652 as a backup.
I'm gonna try the totalmix FX soon. I guess the effects will work only on compatible units.

But my question is this. Would it make any sense to use both interfaces ( focusrite saffire 56 and RME 9652 ) at the same time?
I would send my UA 4-710 to the RME in adat and still record the saffire 56 though the FireWire. Also, I could use adat outputs of the rme to send it to the Focusrite for direct monitoring purpose.

My Idea is to divide the load between the PCI and FireWire. (8 or 10 channels each) instead of passing 18 channels through FireWire.
I could send the focusrite to the RME via adat instead, but there is not enough adat inputs to run everything in 96khz. (the RME has 3 adat in and out)

Boswell Tue, 09/30/2014 - 08:42

pcrecord, post: 419825, member: 46460 wrote: audiokid :
Hey Chris,
With my last interface problems, I went a bit crasy and ordered a used 9652 as a backup.
I'm gonna try the totalmix FX soon. I guess the effects will work only on compatible units.

But my question is this. Would it make any sense to use both interfaces ( focusrite saffire 56 and RME 9652 ) at the same time?
I would send my UA 4-710 to the RME in adat and still record the saffire 56 though the FireWire. Also, I could use adat outputs of the rme to send it to the Focusrite for direct monitoring purpose.

My Idea is to divide the load between the PCI and FireWire. (8 or 10 channels each) instead of passing 18 channels through FireWire.
I could send the focusrite to the RME via adat instead, but there is not enough adat inputs to run everything in 96khz. (the RME has 3 adat in and out)

On a Mac, this would be possible by using [[url=http://[/URL]="http://support.appl…"]aggregate [/]="http://support.appl…"]aggregate [/]devices, but the result may be reduced performance.

On a PC, you would not be able to talk to two separate device drivers from a single DAW. However, what you could do is set the Saffire 56 up to operate in standalone mode, and then use the ADAT I/O in and out of the RME9652 to communicate with it. Whether you would get all the functionality you need by doing this would depend on your application and how many expansion boards you have on your 9652.

audiokid Wed, 10/01/2014 - 10:06

Link to this exact topic:

Pro Tools

Link to all the updates Pro Tools

What it includes:

The new Windows driver 4.03 comes with many more changes:

- New option in Settings dialog to deactivate DirectMusic (Windows MIDI still active)
- The setting Lock Registry now also locks the sample rate
- New checkbox Multiface II in Settings dialog, activates correct ASIO latency with Multiface II
- Removes autostart of the old TotalMix
- Using the parameter /manual the rmeinstaller extracts all files to the directory C:RMEdriver for manual driver installation, in case the installer quits with an error message

Also included is TotalMix FX 1.03:
- Improved handling of the icon in the notification area
- 3 brightness levels to adjust the display to the monitor (Options - Preferences or F2)
- Restart of totalmixfx.exe loads the program from System32 even on 64 bit systems
- CRM channel selection no longer limited
- Small graphics glitch with Mute and Solo buttons fixed (Group and 135%)

-------------------------------------------

The new HDSPe series Mac driver jumps from 3.08 to 4.0, to unify the version number with the features found under Windows and Mac - in this case the usage of TotalMix FX instead of TotalMix. More changes:

- Supports simultaneous display of the Hardware Level in TotalMix FX and DIGICheck
- Driver signed for 10.10
- TotalMix FX 1.03 (the former TotalMix is removed automatically during installation)
- Improved detection of the external box
- Prevents random change of card order in multi-card operation when slot name is missing