Skip to main content

Hi guys.

I want to make work copies of a few sample CDs for the S760 that I've aquired over the years.
I recently bought a used S760 for home use and the CD's and S760 here at work need to stay here.
The mac keeps telling me that the discs are unrecognizable. I've turned on foreign file access, and pretty much anything else I can think of. Any ideas?

TIA
Frank

Topic Tags

Comments

audiokid Wed, 11/22/2000 - 07:30

spigots, did you burn the data on CDR and the mac is now having a problem reading the files? If this is the your questions you must be burning the data in 9660 format and the result from doing this is it changes the extentions to upper case. The mac being case sensitive, it looses the paths. The mac data is readable if you burn it it in "macs files and folders" format.

hope this helps. not quite sure on your questions.

------------------
audiokid

anonymous Tue, 02/27/2001 - 08:45

Originally posted by spigots:
Hi guys.

I want to make work copies of a few sample CDs for the S760 that I've aquired over the years.
I recently bought a used S760 for home use and the CD's and S760 here at work need to stay here.
The mac keeps telling me that the discs are unrecognizable. I've turned on foreign file access, and pretty much anything else I can think of. Any ideas?

TIA
Frank

Have you tried doing a SCSI copy in a program like Toast,(and don't insert the disk until you are ready to have the Mac 'see it' within the 'Toast environment'?

Steve