Skip to main content

hi guys. i'm looking to upgrade my converters. I was kind of sure I wanted a Rosetta 200 (instead of RME ADI2 which was my original pick) but now I'm wondering if it would be better to get a Mytek96 ADC combined with Benchmark DAC1.

I also don't have a good quality volume monitoring so was hoping the DAC1 would give me a little bit of that (although you can't switch between headphones and monitors)... wheras Rosetta 200 doesnt have any volume knob. (So would probably need something like Coleman)

So which of the two options would you choose and why?

1) Rosetta 200 + Coleman
2) Mytek96 ADC + Benchmark DAC1 (+ maybe Coleman. )

(This would be mostly for producing FM radio commercials etc...)

thanx

mark

Comments

Cucco Wed, 08/08/2007 - 06:57

Personally, I would go with option 2.

The volume pot on the Benchmark isn't as accurate as it could be, but it's not too bad. You can use it as your volume controller as well as your DA.

Also consider the Grace 901. It's only got unbalanced outs, but if your monitors will accomodate without any headache, it sure is nice.

Cucco Wed, 08/08/2007 - 17:13

I tend to think so. However, the Apogee isn't bad - quite the opposite - it's quite good.

However, I'm not one of those people who believes that there is a SIGNIFICANT difference in most converters. Yes there's a difference, but between a $2000 converter and a $20000 converter, not $18000 worth!!!