Skip to main content

Hey guys, brand new to the forum. Just wanted to know what your opinions are on the Saffire Pro 24/24DSP and the Firestudio Mobile. Trying to decide which one to buy, but I just can't make the decision on my own. I haven't really heard bad things about either, except for some driver issues with the Firestudio, and a firewire incompatibility issue with the Saffire Pro 24 and the newest iMac firewire ports. I know that both have great preamps , but from what I've read, most people prefer the Saffire's pre's over the Firestudio. How about some help? :tongue:

Thanks!
Darwin
--
Logic 9
27 inch iMac
OSX Lion
AKG Perception 220 Condenser
MXL 990 Condenser
Hopefully a PreSonus Firestudio Mobile or Focusrite Saffire Pro 24

Topic Tags

Comments

RemyRAD Wed, 02/22/2012 - 21:39

I like the PreSonus stuff. But then again, Focusrite is nothing to stick your nose up at. Both build qualities are good. Both sets of preamps are good. So your only real criteria would be, which one is laid out the best for your purposes? Which ones have the features you like most? I have purchased equipment in the past with those 2 criteria only. You already know about the quality level regarding both units. They're about equal. And that's what makes a decision so difficult. I might also add, you have freaking cheap low-end Pro microphones, so why worry? What are the price differential differences? Does it leave you enough money to purchase a quality sounding SM58? I mean your computer monitor is more expensive than your entire recording chain? What's with that?

I sometimes don't understand people's equipment selection criteria?
Mx. Remy Ann David

rbf738 Thu, 02/23/2012 - 06:53

I LOVE my Firestudio Mobile. It's sleek, very compact and well... mobile! Simple interface. I use it for everything I do. I never used the software which comes with it... there may be some awesome VSTs in there to check out but oh well. That may not help you out since I've had no experience with the Saffire, but I do recommend the Studio.