Skip to main content

Hi guys! We already know that Sebatron is doing pretty good job.
Which have been your impressions using the VM2000?
Similar to anything? comparable to what?
Thanks

Topic Tags

Comments

Bowisc Sat, 06/28/2003 - 05:29

My 4000e has shipped and I am looking forward to spending a good deal of time trying out different instruments, mics through it.

I have to say that service has been great. Sebatron has kept me in the loop while it was being built, and delivery was right on schedule.

IF for some reason, it doesn't work for me and I don't like the unit, it will go back to Sebatron without hesitation.

I would be glad to host some material in the form of high-res. MP3's for anyone interested in hearing a few tracks worth of Sebatron 4000e.

Bowisc

Bowisc Thu, 07/10/2003 - 08:56

I agree with Steve about EQ. The "air/bright", and "deep" switches are a very neat tool to have onboard.

I'm loving my 4000e very much so. It sounds HUGE, very transparent (but can be pushed for tube-sat) and the bottom octaves are so stable and controlled... clear-sounding. This pre-amp is definitely unique in character... you should check one out. They are so worth the money, many times over.

Bowisc

anonymous Sat, 07/12/2003 - 15:14

Originally posted by Bowisc:
I agree with Steve about EQ. The "air/bright", and "deep" switches are a very neat tool to have onboard.

I'm loving my 4000e very much so. It sounds HUGE, very transparent (but can be pushed for tube-sat) and the bottom octaves are so stable and controlled... clear-sounding. This pre-amp is definitely unique in character... you should check one out. They are so worth the money, many times over.
Bowisc

hi Bowisc,i read on another post somewhere that youve used and liked the drs2 Phoenix.I wondered how this matches up to the sebatron particularly on ac. guitar ,shakers,fuzz electric,vox.cheers julian

realdynamix Sat, 07/12/2003 - 20:04

Here's a track recorded using only the Sebatron 4000e.
The band is called "Landed" from Melbourne AU and they tracked everything through the VMP4000e into Logic Platinum/Mac.

:) Hey Bowisc, Smmoooth! I enjoyed the tune. I could pick out everything in there, very nice.

Thanks,

--Rick

Bowisc Sun, 07/13/2003 - 20:33

Originally posted by julian lamp:

Bowisc

hi Bowisc,i read on another post somewhere that youve used and liked the drs2 Phoenix.I wondered how this matches up to the sebatron particularly on ac. guitar ,shakers,fuzz electric,vox.cheers julian Hi there!

I used the DRS-2 about 3 months ago on a project... on several session at another place. If I remember, it was used on overheads, acoustic guitar, and also snare. To me, the DRS-2 was very clean and open, yet it does have some color to it. In a musical way. Kind of reminds me of a Buzz, with some seasoning.

The Sebatron is definitely in the same league as Phoenix Audio, and many other high-end pre-amps, IMO. It does have much more flexibility as far as what kind of tones you can dial in. Both a clean-sounding, however the Sebatron can give you much more colorful shades. Not better, just different.

I would say go for the Sebatron- try it out.

Bowisc

anonymous Wed, 07/16/2003 - 01:32

Hi guys
I've been trying to find out a little more about Sebatron products but I seem to get more information from the USA then here in Australia. Even asking around the well know suppliers, they can't tell me alot about the stuff either. The web site is direct to Sebatron via the USA no direct link here in Australia except to Wayne Gardner. I like to hear some results from users not sellers and so far no results.

Thanks Nick