Skip to main content

Ive been having problems with one of my channels on my seb, and for the life of me, i just cant seem to get some kind of support from seb, one day there there, the next day there gone. I recieved an e-mail from them to send pics of the unit (internal guts that of which Ive done), but it seems as though seb has fallen off the face of the earth.
I know enuff to pop the hood open and ck for continuity at the inputs and outputs for good connectivity, swapped ecc81s and so on, but problem is still there.
Ive taken it to a certified tech and he cked it out, which at the time it worked fine,,but the more i used it the more the problem, its defently a heat related issued,if I leave it on for a good hr, the channel will cut out.
Im getting ready to take it to another tech because the one tech i took it to is no longer around.
Does anybody here know how to get some support from seb?
I really need my other channel to be functional.
Help?

Comments

anonymous Thu, 04/29/2010 - 15:05

eddies880, post: 346787 wrote: Ive been having problems with one of my channels on my seb, and for the life of me, i just cant seem to get some kind of support from seb, one day there there, the next day there gone. I recieved an e-mail from them to send pics of the unit (internal guts that of which Ive done), but it seems as though seb has fallen off the face of the earth.
I know enuff to pop the hood open and ck for continuity at the inputs and outputs for good connectivity, swapped ecc81s and so on, but problem is still there.
Ive taken it to a certified tech and he cked it out, which at the time it worked fine,,but the more i used it the more the problem, its defently a heat related issued,if I leave it on for a good hr, the channel will cut out.
Im getting ready to take it to another tech because the one tech i took it to is no longer around.
Does anybody here know how to get some support from seb???
I really need my other channel to be functional....
Help??

Wanna give a special thanks to the support group from "Sebatron". they responded to my inquiries and the concern with the seb 2000e has been fixed.

A little advise to all you sebatron vmp2000e preamp owners. Pay close attention to the preamps 1/4 di inputs

anonymous Fri, 04/30/2010 - 09:51

audiokid, post: 347313 wrote: Good to know. I have a vmp 2000VU . What was the exact fix

The problem with the 1/4 di inputs is that heat from the chassis transfers to the plastic 1/4 di inputs which in turn warps/ distorts the plastic housing of the 1/4 connector which will eventually lead to signal lose accros the 1/4 di connectors metallic latching pins. The latching 6 pole connector that was used in the vmp2000e is really designed to be used in a c/b as oppposed to be bolted to a chassis,,it still does the job but will eventually cause proplems.

The latching female 6 pole connector I replaced it with has an extended shaft , that allowed me to use a ceramic washer that will fit between the connectors shaft and the chassis to aid in preventing heat transfer.

Sebatrons tech advised me that the newer models have the di connectors on the c/b to prevent the concern.

Not sure if the vu version still uses the above style, but it may be worth while to open the hood on the pre and have a look. Nothens worse then having your gear become erratic while tracking your clientels vocals tracks and while on play back, your hear spat and sputter instead of a good take, sure doesnt look good on you, thats for sure.

In the time that my seb was down for me to diag and repair it, I used other pres (thats of which Im not nameing names)...they just didnt come close to the clarity and flavor that "I" like.

For me.....the seb is simple plug and play.