Skip to main content

I got two Daws a DIGI 002 rack based and the other with the a 001, how is the most efective way to sync both system (002 machine as Master and the 001 as slave..the idea is to get 64tracks system with the two system, i've to get the dvtoolkit but is only more chanells not more power processing,..if any one could help..thanks... RAZA

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Sat, 09/01/2007 - 14:43

As far as I know, you cannot sync the 002 to a 001. Also, either of those interfaces would be used on an LE system, and I don't think you can have more than 32 tracks.....I think with the 003 you can have up to 48 tracks, plus it has a wordclock input so perhaps it can be synced to another interface of some sort.........Digidesign is running a promotion right now where you can change up your old PT interfaces for the new 003 series stuff.....sounds like its time for you to upgrade my friend.

Boswell Sun, 09/02/2007 - 16:21

The only sure-fire way that comes to mind is to use a 16-channel preamp with ADAT outputs (e.g. Creamware A16 Ultra) and connect an ADAT out to the ADAT ins of each of the DigiDesign units. You would have to select ADAT clock in both copies of PT, and they would then both be synced to the preamp.

Alternatively, you may be able to make a direct S/PDIF - S/PDIF or ADAT out - ADAT in between the two Digidesign units work if you had a dummy track playing out of the master unit to provide the clock.

anonymous Mon, 09/03/2007 - 17:17

thanks Boswell, but the point is the digi002 and the 003 use the same protools LE software and DIGIDESIGN limits the tracks to 32 mono audio channels (16 Stereo) forcing users to upgrade to a DVTOOLKIT or HD sistem, remenber PTle is a host processing sistem that uses the resources of the the CPU, what is means if i get the 003 i'll get the sames tracks limiting problems and system lacks when i use a large numbers of plugins not matters the processor i got or the amount o RAM. so what i'm looking up is one CPU with the 002 ( i already uses it, and works great-) and the old 001 with PT le 6.4 in another CPU, links to the 002- the result is 64 Audio chanels 48 bus sistem (32+32 Audio tracks and 32-bus in the 002 with PT le 7.3 + 16 bus in PT le 6.4). on two PIV processors with 4 GB RAM. i am using Nuendo to mix more than 32 channels sessions its works fines but i like more the PT sound..

Dosser Mon, 09/03/2007 - 17:59

Two things:

There is a music production toolkit for a lot less than the DV toolkit, that still gives you the 48 tracks capability.

You can't really sync these two up like two tape machines, even a MIDI sync wouldn't be that great. Have you thought about using one machine for your tracks and the other for your effects? This should divide up your processing somewhat.

Hope that helps.

Boswell Wed, 09/05/2007 - 04:41

razaiba wrote: thanks Boswell, but the point is the digi002 and the 003 use the same protools LE software and DIGIDESIGN limits the tracks to 32 mono audio channels (16 Stereo) forcing users to upgrade to a DVTOOLKIT or HD sistem, remenber PTle is a host processing sistem that uses the resources of the the CPU, what is means if i get the 003 i'll get the sames tracks limiting problems and system lacks when i use a large numbers of plugins not matters the processor i got or the amount o RAM. so what i'm looking up is one CPU with the 002 ( i already uses it, and works great-) and the old 001 with PT le 6.4 in another CPU, links to the 002- the result is 64 Audio chanels 48 bus sistem (32+32 Audio tracks and 32-bus in the 002 with PT le 7.3 + 16 bus in PT le 6.4). on two PIV processors with 4 GB RAM. i am using Nuendo to mix more than 32 channels sessions its works fines but i like more the PT sound..

That's exactly what I was suggesting. You need to sync the interfaces at the word clock level (not MIDI).