Skip to main content

I went shopping last week and this is the best deal I can muster from any local dealers.

1X ATM 3060 (vocals and acoustic intruments)
3X CAD GLX1200 (overheads and hats)
3X ATM 23 (Toms and cabs)
1X ATM 25 (Kick and bass cabs)
1X SM57 (snare and general)
As a package for $1618.00 USD = $2609.00 Ausbucks

I was also looking at the Yamaha O1V96 and the 24 channel hamerfall ADAT card for an overall package $3689 USD =$5950 Ausbucks.

What do you guys think of the overall setup and prices for a beginners rig? Are the Yamaha Pre's OK to start off with? I will probably be running SX with it because I already have a heap of VST plugins and instruments. Any ideas would be helpfull.

Thanks Guys,
Divo

Comments

Alécio Costa Wed, 05/21/2003 - 06:56

Although lots of people here will not agree, as my friend Kurt, I would use a PT Mix Take a look at USA ebay.. More reliable, beter sound quality, although more expensive, but lots of portability and it opens up more chances of picking up new clients or continuing someone else´s job. Rememer, DIGI invested lots of money into advertisement.

Awful to say, but PT is the word of the moment.

Divo Thu, 05/22/2003 - 04:10

Thanks Guys,

This setup is really stretching my buget as it is, so I think a PT system will be out of the question. Besides I really don't like the Protools interface at all, I personally find it very uncomfortable and not at all instinctive.

Davedog,

I would like to know what your experiences with hammerfall gear has been and what sort of results you think would be attainable with a setup like this.