Skip to main content

I'm using the MXL 770 along with the Behringer U-Phoria UM2. Now, the Behringer use to make a lot of noise until i updated a driver. I knew it was the audio interface since i disconnected the actual recorder from it, and the laptop still allowed me to record. Now after that problem is gone, i still find background noise when connecting to the condenser mic. When i turn the mic down to a small level, you don't hear the noise until you speak, then it distorts your voice. When at a higher level, you can hear the sound in the background. I've seen plenty of youtube videos with people using the MXL with not so much as white background noise, and am wondering why mine does. I've uploaded one audio of the recorder at a high setting, which makes the background noise sound worse than it normally would during recording, and one at a low setting, which shows how my voice can be distorted if i significantly reduce the mic settings to get rid of the background noise which only appears when i speak. Please let me know of any suggestions, thanks.

Audio
Play
Play

Comments

Lelouch Thu, 03/30/2017 - 10:15

pcrecord, post: 448994, member: 46460 wrote: Honestly, I think you still have much to learn and RO members could help you further.
BUT, not on this thread. I doubt anyone would want to read 14 pages to be sure they don't repeat the same information over and over..

Please create a new thread (it's free) and ask specific questions about any aspect of recording or mixing or mastering. (EQ, Comp Multiband-comp etc..)
Better post 12 short and precise questions ;)

Well there's a lot less to mix and master with VO compared to music and singing, so hopefully I can get learn it ! Thanks a lot, I'll start a thread soon, but I barely know much about mixing, so I doubt I'd have any precise questions.. Do you have any suggestions for things I should know about in dry voice VO mixing ?

pcrecord Thu, 03/30/2017 - 11:36

Lelouch, post: 448995, member: 50238 wrote: Well there's a lot less to mix and master with VO compared to music and singing, so hopefully I can get learn it ! Thanks a lot, I'll start a thread soon, but I barely know much about mixing, so I doubt I'd have any precise questions.. Do you have any suggestions for things I should know about in dry voice VO mixing ?

Start with EQ or compression.. there is a lot to know about those Tools...

KurtFoster Thu, 03/30/2017 - 19:30

Lelouch, post: 449006, member: 50238 wrote: Well, I'v looked all over, and I have no idea how to start a forum. I started this one so long ago, i dont remember how i did it ! Stupid of me, but how do i start one ?

go here. click on the forum you want to post in. once the page opens there will be a button that says post new thread. click on it.

x

User login