Skip to main content

Hello, I need to buy a new interface for my home studio- Normaly things get done one track at a time. but at times a multi track jam would be very helpful. Amazon has two very bad reveiws on this piece of gear. But, they sound like the engineers aren't really pros. Not one of them mentioned Pro Tools 9 or how well this works with that platform. I would like to know if anyone has this or has used this with Pro Tools 9... Is this thing solid and dependable? Do the current drivers work? Can they be slaved together get 28 channels? 14 channels under $300. Hummmm. to good to be true? or what? my email - carlbcom@msn.com

Comments

TheJackAttack Mon, 10/24/2011 - 11:41

The last I heard the cheap Tascam gear that passes for interfaces was not usable by ProTools due to how the buffer settings are reported by the Tascam ASIO driver to the DAW program. This may have changed while I was incognito over the summer months but I doubt it. Tascam is not known for stellar support of their introductory gear.

x_25 Wed, 11/02/2011 - 08:00

I have been using a US1641 (predisesor to the US1800) for two years now. I don't know about compatability with protools, though you could always record in cubase and dump the files in protools later. The only problem is the drivers from tascam are crap, install ASIO4ALL and you are golden though. 14 channels at 24/96 on my laptop with no issues (apart from my laptop being too slow for post production once I add eq and all that)