Skip to main content

I have a line on a used Tascam M3500 at a great price in excellent condition. The guys says the faders need to be cleaned, but that's it. My only qusetion is, should I buy it? Are there any limitations I should be concerned about besdides the lack of phase (polarity) switches? I am upgrading from an Alesis Studio32 16 channel so pretty much anything else is going to be better than it.

Topic Tags

Comments

MPlancke Sat, 05/26/2001 - 14:39

Originally posted by try2break:
I have a line on a used Tascam M3500 at a great price in excellent condition. The guys says the faders need to be cleaned, but that's it. My only qusetion is, should I buy it?

Yes! Especially at the $1000 price it is now at. A steal.

anonymous Sun, 05/27/2001 - 03:50

I had a 32-8 a few years back, I liked it better than the mackie 32-8 I used. It is not as quiet, the mic pres are warmish, although I did mod mine with burr browns etc.
The faders have a nice feel to them, does it have a meter bridge? The Eq is good. The split design is great for bring tracks back through. The buses can be a little noisy, Use the direct outs if you can. If it has the balance kit it is a bonus. There are a lot of mods to be done to them. I liked the board a lot. The guy who brought it is still very happy with it. Also it does look a little better then the alesis.

anonymous Wed, 05/30/2001 - 15:36

Just to update the status: I didn't get the board. He ended up selling it to someone local to BC. It was only $1000 so I feel I really missed out on a great bargain. Now the hunt for another cheap, good desk...

x

User login