Skip to main content

Hi,
I've owned a pair of Spendor SA 300 nearfield monitors for about 14 years and recently the woofers gave up the ghost. My question to you is do you know of anybody who makes an equivalent woofer that could be used to replace the originals? I did check with Spendor and (since they've not produced these monitors in years) they would have to produce new ones as a special order. The price given me was over $800.00 US per loudspeaker and I feel fairly confident that someone, somewhere, makes a woofer sufficiently close to theirs that it would make an adequate replacement.

I thank you in advance for any suggestions in this matter.

Regards,

Paramadman :smile:

Comments

RemyRAD Wed, 02/15/2012 - 21:01

When you say they gave up the ghost do you mean you blew them out? Or has the urethane surround suspension rotted out? If that's the case, there are plenty of folks & kits to replace the surround suspension. You might even be able to get a custom-built cone and voice coil to replace the existing one? There are numerous companies out there that make such services and parts available for a myriad of speakers by myriads of manufacturers. Or just get yourself a couple of JBL woofers and be done with it. It's only the low frequency stuff you need.

Just a thought in a practical sense.
Mx. Remy Ann David