Skip to main content

1979 MCI console, modded with several channels of API pre's. Lots of the 'standard faire" of the 70's in signal processing.

The only things I think they're missing is a couple of dayglo-orange bean bag chairs, harvest gold shag carpeting... and Peruvian Marching Powder. ;)

https://welcometo19…

Comments

audiokid Wed, 10/05/2016 - 17:58

Beautiful!

I have a pile of my Mother's masters that were all cut live (from the CBC) back in the day. Metropolitan Opera performances along with solo's of her singing. They are filled with wonderful memories but don't come close to what we can do today .

Thanks for sharing this Donny.

Sean G Wed, 10/05/2016 - 18:51

I saw this a few weeks back...Chris Mara is the man behind the Mara tape machines as well.

audiokid, post: 441902, member: 1 wrote: I have a pile of my Mother's masters that were all cut live (from the CBC) back in the day. Metropolitan Opera performances along with solo's of her singing. They are filled with wonderful memories but don't come close to what we can do today .

Thats awesome Chris...to be able to have and preserve your Mothers' work must be a great feeling. My Mother was a cabaret singer but we don't have any recordings of her...if they did exist at one time they have all been lost to time :(

Its great that Chris Mara has built this facility today when so much focus with recording is on the digital realm...to be able to cut straight to vinyl is very unique today. Chris Mara's work and contribution to audio with his tape restoration and modification business is admirable too...we need more people like him today helping to keep the craft alive in a time when things are going backwards quicker than they are going forward.

Great video, thanks for sharing Donny...I enjoyed watching it again as much as I did the first time. (y)

audiokid Wed, 10/05/2016 - 19:06

Sean G, post: 441907, member: 49362 wrote: Its great that Chris Mara has built this facility today when so much focus with recording is on the digital realm...to be able to cut straight to vinyl is very unique today. Chris Mara's work and contribution to audio with his tape restoration and modification business is admirable too...we need more people like him today helping to keep the craft alive in a time when things are going backwards quicker than they are going forward.

Without question.