Skip to main content
Start a topic JOIN NOW!

What mic? for Metal guitars ?

Member for

21 years
Just a quick question. I'm looking to mic some aggressive metal guitar tracks from a single speaker cab. What kind of mice should I get?


Member for

21 years

Member Mon, 07/14/2008 - 12:26
Kara wrote: What kind of mice should I get?

I have tried using mice for metal guitar tracks, but I keep getting confused whether the ground attaches to the tail or the nose. I would try a microphone, they're all pre-wired and all you have to do is plug it in to the microphone cable.

Welcome to You might want to get used to stupid responses like this.

I would go with the sm57.

Member for

14 years 5 months

Link555 Mon, 07/14/2008 - 14:36
I use the Shure SM57, Just got a Neumann U87Ai will be trying that. So far I think the u87 will have a darker fuller tone. Just my intial listening tests.

I Like the Earthworks QTC50, if you want the actual sound of the amp in the room. Its like an ear on stick.

I also like the Rode NT2 although the top end can be harsh.

I have also used a AKG D112, which gave a wicked scooped sound for a bari-GTR.

The AKG C3000 has also worked in a pinch as well.

I hear the Royer 121 is the way to go however.

For the mics I have, I woulod grab a Sm57 first, but that may change.....