Skip to main content

I currently have a 32 channel AMEK tac scorpion / (3) Delta 1010lt / Steinberg Houston / Nuendo 2.0.

I have been thinking about moving to a DM24 or something similar. Would this be a step up or am I better off in the analog world and spending the dough on better preamps and converters ? I'm not unhappy at all with the recordings using the current equipment and neither are my clients.

Space has also been a problem. I'm constantly leaning over to tweek the houston and my ears are no longer front and center when doing this. The Tac is front and center and the houston is to the right and there is nowhere to move either. The DM24 would take care of this problem.

The beauty of the current setup is that all 30 jacks in my studio are always wired to the same channel on the board. I guess I would be using a patchbay with the DM24.

I'm stuck.. I want the convenience and space savings of a digital board but on the other hand I really like my current setup. I have always though of my setup as the best of both worlds. Full analog console with automation on the side.

I have even looked at rackmount mixers as an option.

Comments

x

User login