The A-Designs Audio EM-EQ2 is the answer for those who want the stellar sound of a Pultec equalizer plus the added benefit of modern performance and reliability.
Many engineers and musicians would love to own an original Pultec EQP-1 equalizer, but the simple truth of audio equipment is that - unlike violins and brandy - electronics don't improve with age. Even if you can find one on the vintage market that's in decent shape and fully functional, the exorbitant price tag can be somewhat preventative...and the maintenance a potential nightmare. The A-Designs Audio EM-EQ2 is the answer for those who want the stellar sound of a Pultec equalizer plus the added benefit of modern performance and reliability. The EM-EQ2 faithfully preserves the EQ section design, control layout, and wonderfully smooth musicality of the original Pultec. It also has the same frequency settings and inductors that made the Pultec a must-have for accurately capturing and shaping the sound spectrum, especially the bottom end.
The high band is attenuated at 5k, 10k, 20kHz; bandwidth and boost can be varied mid to high band at 3k, 4k, 5k, 6k, 10k, 12k, 16kHz; and, of course, the low band can be boosted and/or attenuated at 20Hz, 30Hz, 60Hz, or 100Hz. Boost and attenuation can be adjusted from 0dB to ±10dB. Eminently suited for tracking, mixing, or mastering, the two-channel EM-EQ2 is housed in a rugged, metal 2U chassis. It shares the same custom-milled faceplate, brushed-aluminum control knobs, big jewel power indicator lamp, and heavy-duty Carling toggle switch as the A Designs Hammer (which compliments the EM-EQ2 perfectly). Additional features include a proprietary nickel-core Cinemag output transformer, Wima capacitors, and true hard bypass. Instead of using common off- the-shelf chokes, A-Designs Audio employs a Cinemag custom wound tapped inductor.
Along with the classic EQ circuitry, layout, and exceptionally musical tone of the original Pultec, the EM-EQ2 offers fully balanced, noise-free performance and modern impedance specs, making it easy to integrate it into any environment. Here's the best part: with its dual-mono design, the EM-EQ2 gives you two Pultecs for a fraction of the price of one, making it easier than ever to add the Pultec magic to any project or professional recording studio or live rig.
- Dual mono, three-band band, Pultec-style EQ.
- Faithfully preserves the EQ section design, controls, and musicality of the Pultec EQP-1.
- Eminently suited for tracking, mixing, or mastering.
- Same frequency settings and inductors as original Pultec make it a must-have for capturing bottom end.
- Fully balanced, noise-free performance and modern impedance specs.
- Quick and easy studio integration.
- Wima capacitors.
- True hard bypass.
- A-Designs proprietary, custom-wound tapped Inductor.
- A-Designs proprietary nickel core output transformer.
- Rugged 2U metal housing with custom-milled faceplate and control knobs.
- Big jewel power indicator lamp with heavy duty Carling power toggle switch.
Boost: 0dB to +10dB
Attenuate: 0dB to -10dB
Attenuate high band: 5k, 10k, 20kHz.
Vary bandwidth/boost mid to high band: 3k, 4k, 5k, 6k, 10k, 12k, 16kHz
Boost/attenuate low band: at 20Hz, 30Hz, 60Hz, or 100Hz