Classic Neve Mic Pre for 500 Series
Launched in 1970, the original Neve 1073 module is perhaps the world's most famous and desirable microphone preamp for recording vocals and instruments of all types. The first choice of countless leading producers and artists, the 1073 delivers the unique Neve sound featured on some of the most famous recordings of the past 40 years. The big, punchy sound of the 1073 classic compliments any musical genre - from rock to pop, hip-hop to rap, thrash to classical.
And now it is available for your 500 Series rack.
Crafted in England by Neve engineers, the AMS Neve 1073LB retains the unique sonic characteristics of the original 1073 classic microphone preamplifier by using the same architecture, matching components and original hand-wound transformers. And it delivers it in a modern and portable form-factor that professional producers and engineers demand.
With new features like a fine TRIM control, switchable microphone input impedance, signal presence LED, intelligent protected switching of front combi-XLR input connector and Neve's clever Audio Processing Insert design, the 1073 LB takes your 500 Series rack to the next level.
Simply install into an empty slot in your compatible 500 Series rack, connect your microphone or line level signals and inject that legendary sound into your audio creations.
- Legendary, Class A design transformer microphone preamp for vocals and instruments
- Transformer-coupled circuits used in Mic/Line Input and Line Output stages
- +5/-10 dB level TRIM control and switchable microphone impedance
- Front panel signal presence LED illuminates green from a level of -20dBu and red from +25dBu
- Front combi-XLR connector, with intelligent protected switching of +48v phantom power
- Audio Processing Insert design allows processing from adjacent modules in same lunchbox to be inserted into the 1073LB's pre-output stage
- Fully screened module, packaged in Mu-metal case to eliminate stray electromagnetic fields from rack PSU or other 500 Series module types
Microphone Amplifier Section:
Microphone Input: Transformer balanced and earth free. Switchable impedance (300? or 1200?)Gain -80dB to -20dB in 5dB steps
Line Input: Transformer balanced and earth free. Impedance 4k? bridgingGain -20dB to +10dB in 5dB steps
Output: Transformer balanced and earth free. Maximum Output is +28dBuOutput impedance is 75? @ 1kHz
Distortion: 0.07% from 50Hz to 10kHz @ +20dBu output (80kHz bandwidth)
Frequency Response: +/-0.5dB 20Hz to 20kHz, -3dB @ 40kHz
Noise: -82dBu at all Line gain settings (22Hz to 22kHz bandwidth)
EIN: Better than -125dBu @ 60dB gain
Front Panel: Gain control with Signal presence indicator, fine trim control with integrated +48v phantom power on/off push switch, phase switch, microphone impedance selector, front/rear input connector selector switch, combi-XLR audio input connector
Width: 38mm (1½ inches)
Height: 132mm (5¼ inches)
Depth (excluding front panel controls & rear connector): 145mm (5¾ inches)
Approx. Weight: 1.1Kg (2½ pounds)
1073LB Module requirements:
Rack: Compliant LunchboxTM rack with integral PSU and external audio connections
Available Rack slots: Single LunchboxTM rack slot required for each 1073LB module