Standalone mono mic preamp and eq module
Launched in 1970, the Neve 1073 Classic soon became the first choice mic preamp for leading producers and artists.
Found on some of the most famous recordings of the past 40 years, the big, punchy sound of the 1073 complements any musical genre – from rock to rap to classical. The quality is legendary.
Designed and built in England, the modern-day 1073N is produced to the exact specifications of the original, matching components to ensure the sound remains true. The Class A design 1073N microphone preamplifier has 3-band EQ (fixed HF plus two switchable bands with cut/boost capability) and a high pass filter. The Neve 1073N mic pre and EQ combination adds warmth and depth to recordings, brings out subtle ambience, maintains spatial positioning, and captures a more precise image – embodying, think many engineers and producers, the essence of the Neve sound.
Building on the 1073 classic module features, the 1073N introduces extra functionality with an integrated DI input, I/O connectors for direct connection of microphones and instruments and other equipment, phantom power for powered microphones and a PSU for standalone use. It can also be fitted into compatible racks/housings or retrofit into 80 Series Neve Classic consoles. Neve – no question.
- Classic transformer microphone preamp amp (Class A design) with integral DI input and Phantom Power
- 3 EQ bands & HP filter
- Designed and built in England
- Neve designed hand-wound transformers
- Can be used as a standalone module or inserted into a compatible rack or console
- Mic & Line inputs are transformer balanced and earth free
- Microphone Input: Gain +80db to +20dB in 5dB steps.
- Line Input: Input impedance 10k ohms, gain +20dB to -10dB in 5dB steps.
- DI Input: Input impedance 10M Ohms (PAD off) / 10K Ohms (PAD on) Gain +80dB to +20dB in 5dB steps.
- Output: Maximum output is >+26dBu into 600?.
- Output is transformer balanced and earth free
- Distortion: Not more than 0.07% from 50Hz to 10kHz at +20dBu output
- (80kHz bandwidth) into 600?.
- Freq Response: ±0.5dB 20Hz to 20kHz, -3dB at 40kHz. EQ Out.
Mic Amplifier Section:
- Microphone Input: Input impedance 300 Ohms or 1200 Ohms, gain +80dB to +20dB in 5dB steps.Input is transformer balanced and earth free.
- Line Input: Input impedance 10K Ohms bridging, gain +20dB to -10dB in 5dB steps.Input is transformer balanced and earth free.
- DI Input: Input impedance 10M Ohms (PAD off) / 10K Ohms (PAD on)Gain +80dB to +20dB in 5dB steps.
- Output: Maximum output is >+26dBu into 600 Ohms. Output impedance is 75 Ohms @ 1kHzOutput is transformer balanced and earth free.
- Distortion: Not more than 0.07% from 50Hz to 10kHz at +20dBu output (80kHz bandwidth) into 600 Ohms
- Frequency Response: +/-0.5dB 20Hz to 20kHz, -3dB at 40kHz, EQ out.
- Noise: Not more than -83dBu at all Line gain settings, EQ In/Out (22Hz to 22kHz bandwidth)
- EIN: Better than -125dBu @ 60dB gain.
- High Frequency: Smooth +/- 16dB fixed frequency shelving at 12kHz
- Mid Frequency: Smooth +/- 18dB peaking, fixed 'Q' with selectable centre frequencies of 0.36kHz, 0.7kHz, 1.6kHz, 3.2kHz, 4.8kHz & 7.2kHz
- Low Frequency: Smooth +/- 16dB shelving with selectable frequencies of 35Hz, 60Hz, 110Hz & 220Hz
- High Pass Filter: 18dB per octave slope, switchable between 50Hz, 80Hz, 160Hz & 300Hz
- EQL Button: Switches the equaliser in or out of circuit.
- Phase Button: Gives 180 degree phase change at balanced output
- Width: 45mm (1.8 inches)
- Height: 222mm (8.75 inches)
- Depth: 254mm (10 inches)
- Approx. Weight: 2.5kg (5.5 pounds)