Antelope Zodiac Gold is an advanced digital audio converter engineered to deliver pristine audio with keenly articulated pitch and a spectacular soundstage. This unique sound is based on Antelope's 64-bit clocking technology used by the world’s top audio engineers. A custom designed USB controller chip streams digital audio at 480 Mbits, supporting sample rates up to 384 kHz with native drivers. As a preamp, the device allows up to 8 input sources with auto-detection of active channels with ease and flexibility to connect to virtually any device. A dual-stage headphone driver architecture unveils every sonic detail, while the relay based volume control assures superb stereo imaging at any listening level. For enhanced user experience your Zodiac comes with aluminum remote control and friendly PC/Mac software panel.
A sophisticated and powerful DAC, Pre-Amp and Headphone Amp for most refined tastes.
- Unibody machined aluminum Remote Control
- Custom USB chip streams audio up to 384kHz
- Matched to 0.05 dB Relay Volume Attenuator
- Antelope Oven Clock for supreme stability
- 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking (AFC)
- Ultra Linear, Dual Stage Headphone Amps
- Switchable (120 or 0 Ohm) HP amp impedance
- De-jittered, re-clocked Digital Audio Outputs
- 129dB Dynamic Range
- Accurate level display for Main volume
- Mono summing function
- Mute (soft dim & full mute)
- PC/Mac Software Control Panel
- Audiophile Double-linear Power Supply option
- 2x Headphone Outputs on 1/4” TRS
- Trim-able balanced Analog Outputs on XLR
- Unbalanced Analog Outputs on RCA
- Balanced Analog Inputs on 1/4” TRS
- Unbalanced Analog Inputs on RCA
- AES/EBU Digital Input
- 2x S/PDIF coaxial Inputs
- 2x Optical TOSLINK inputs
- USB on standard B type connector
- Word Clock Input on BNC
- De-jittered AES/EBU Output
- De-jittered 2x S/PDIF Outputs
Up to 384 kHz Sampling Rate
Antelope Audio is one of the first to offer 384kHz capability. In doing so, we hope to match and exceed the expectations of even the most critical of ears. Now audiophiles can enjoy the highest bandwidth that a USB 2.0 interface can provide for audio.
Stepped Relay Volume Attenuator
When adjusting volumes, it’s imperative that the stereo image remain completely intact. The Zodiac Gold achieves this by incorporating stepped relays that are matched to 0,05 dB to maintain the most accurate stereo balance at all volume levels.
PC/MAC Software Control Panel
Computer-based audio sources have become more and more popular in the audiophile community. To enhance the use of the Zodiac with USB, we designed a Software Control Panel that improves the interaction between computer and converter. Antelope’s Intuitive software helps combine great sound with ease of use.
The stylish champagne colored Zodiac Gold is matched perfectly to it’s elegant aluminum unibody remote control. This isn’t just another remote control to toss under a coffee table, it’s a beautifully crafted device that will enhance the experience of owning a Zodiac Gold.
Added flexibility for the professional user makes for a distinctly powerful device: AES Input, fine trimmers on the balanced outputs, mono button, mute select (soft & full), transparent analog inputs, BNC word clock input, 384kHz USB.
De-Jittered Audio Output
Digital outputs on AES/EBU and S/PDIF offer all the benefits of Antelope’s 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking, so external devices gain significant sonic advantages when connected to Zodiac Gold.
With a number of different inputs available, you can monitor many sources such as CD, Laptop, DAW or Mixers and Keyboards. Balanced and unbalanced inputs at both +4db and -10db allows tremendous flexibility, while auto detection of connected devices means source selection is simple and convenient.
The Antelope Voltikus is a sleek heavy-duty Power Supply Unit (PSU) designed to perfectly match your Zodiac DAC. Carefully tailored to deliver uncompromised power, Voltikus helps Zodiac achieve the punch and sonic richness of deep lows, a full range of mids, and tightly defined highs. This degree of performance is accomplished by incorporating a hefty, custom-wound, electrostatically shielded toroidal transformer followed by a unique concept of three cascaded power regulators. A precision laser-trimmed voltage reference (LT1021) serves as the backbone of this discrete design, achieving the stability impossible with off-the-shelf voltage regulators. Voltikus is a true engineering breakthrough from Antelope's respected team of high-end audio experts.
- Audiophile grade PSU perfectly matching Zodiac DACs in aesthetics and performance
- Unique multi-stage linear regulator topology achieves vastly superior stability
- Toroidal transformer with custom electrostatic shield suppresses power line disturbances
- Ground / Lift switch helps eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops
- Wide (90-250V) input voltage range ensures dependable operation under varying line conditions
- Advanced discrete design dispenses with the need for noisy off-the-shelf voltage regulators
- Robust sturdy construction with custom machined aluminum front panel