AVALON DESIGN Introduces a high-voltage, Pure Class A, multi-purpose instrument, line and microphone pre-re-amplifier incorporating a unique passive TONE SHAPER network.
The Avalon V5 follows the tradition of the “world’s most powerful DI box preamp - the U5” The U5 DI box has been in continuous production since 1995 and is used by leading music professionals in both studio and live sound reinforcement applications.....and NOW the V5 !
The Avalon V5 introduces a fth generation DI-RE-MIC PREAMPLIFIER loaded with professional feature s,including; a low noise, high-gain, Pure Class A, microphone preamplier with dual impedance idealfor ribbon-dynamic and high level condenser microphones, 10 meg.ohm instrument DI input with zero impedance loading, ideal for sensistive acoustic pickups together with a +36dB maximum input capability for active preamp-line sources including acoustic and electric guitars, bass, keyboards and synthesizers.
A transformer isolated REAMPING output oers multiple input-output conguarations with ALL inputs
available, including polarity reverse. Sealed silver relays provide transparent signal path routing while custom, ultra-high performance rotary switches deliver smooth gain control in accurate 2dB steps.
A unique PASSIVE TONE selector allows ten contours (six from the U5 tone bank) including two passive high pass lters and two vocal-instrument enhanced passive AIR-L Flow frequency curves.
Additional features include a passive low pass hiss & buzz lter, a wide range, professional analogVU meter with expanded scale -30dB to +18dB with twin peak LED’s for fast signal capture.The Avalon V5 has a truly unique feature set utilizing 100% discrete, DC coupled, Pure Class A ampliers for “Deep and Controlled Bass” together with a “Musical Midrange” for enhanced Vocal and Instrument resolution. With REAMPING options, the passive TONE SHAPING network and multiple output choices.........the Avalon V5 will capture every magical performance
and continues Avalon’s passion and commitment to SONIC EXCELLENCE !
- Pure Class A, 100% discrete design
- Smooth musical detail and sonic excellence
- Variable gain preamp to +30dB.
- Dual microphone and line outputs
- Hi-Z 3,000,000 ohm input impedance
- Very low noise -100dB
- High headroom +30dB
- Six tone bank selections.
- DC coupled Class A output for superior bass
- High cut switch eliminates noise
- LED active signal indicator
- Headphone monitor output jack
- Low distortion less than 0.5% THD and IMD
- High level 400 watt speaker input
- Active to thru selector - ground isolation switch
- 100% discrete power supplies for audio path
- Internal toroidal power supply for low noise
- Long lasting, stainless steel hardware
- Circuit Topology: 100% discrete, high-voltage Class A
- Gain: Switched 3dB steps, maximum gain +30dB
- Input Impedance: 3 ,000,000 ohm unbalanced (single ended)
- Maximum Input Level +24dBu unbalanced, 400w speaker input
- Output Connectors (2): XLR type, pin 2 hot electronic balanced
- Maximum Output Level (Class A): +30dBu DC coupled, balanced 600 ohms (mic and line out)
- Headphone Output: 0.5w into 600 ohms
- Noise 20kHz Unweighted: -100dBu minimum gain position
- Distortion THD, IMD: 0.1% at +10dB
- Frequency Response, -/+0.5dB: 5Hz to 100kHz
- Frequency Response, -3dB: 1Hz to 500kHz (input band limited)
- High Cut Filter: -3dB at 8kHz minimum phase design
- Tone Selector: Six position rotary switch, all passive filters
- AC Power: Internal toroidal AC supply
- Dimensions: 8.5 x 3.5 x 12 in (216 x 88 x 305mm)
- Weight-Packed: 12lbs (5.4kg)
- Rack mount kit (1) RM-1: Single U5 19 inch rack mount kit (holds one half rack unit)
- Rack mount kit (2) RM-2: Dual U5 19 inch rack mount kit (holds two half rack units)