BAE 1073 Preamp/EQ made from an authentic reproduction of a Neve 1073 module. Power supply not included.
The 1073 preamp yields a really fat sound. It seems to add subharmonics to the low end which makes the bottom end sound huge. It smoothes the top end which gives the highs a silky sheen. As well the 1073 compresses transients a little bit. It is a smooth, fat., larger than life sound. An added bonus is to use the DI inputs to fatten samples, synths and mixes since the DI can handle line levels.
The 1073 equalizer is very broadbanded and musical. It has a hi-pass filter with four frequencies- 50 Hz, 80 Hz, 160 Hz and 300 Hz. The low frequency band is shelving and has four frequencies - 35 Hz, 60 Hz, 110 Hz and 220 Hz. The low end of this equalizer is so tight that you can boost 220 Hz and not muddy up the sound. The mid band has six frequencies - 360 Hz, 720 Hz, 1.6 kHz, 3.2 kHz, 4.8 kHz and 7.2 kHz. The bandwidth is broad so you can boost or cut a lot without making things sound processed or unnatural. The hi band is shelving and is fixed at 12 kHz. It is smooth and silky and a little goes a long way.
- Made from an authentic reproduction of a Neve 1073 module
- Hi-Z direct inputs on the front panel
- 48v phantom power on the front panel
- Balanced mic input, line input and balanced +4 outputr from XLR connectors on the rear of the module
- Output level control functions as fader when going straight to tape
- Modules are mounted horizontally and take up only one rack unit each