The Digital-Only DAC2 for Audio Professionals
The DAC2 DX is the DAC2 of choice for users who do not need analog inputs.
The DX is well suited to the needs of professional users and includes an XLR AES digital input. The DAC2 DX is the only DAC2 model that includes dual stereo output buses. The analog output buses can be independently set to fixed or variable gain. The DAC2 DX is also the only DAC2 available with in a rack-mount version.
The DAC2 DX replaces the DAC2 D
The DAC2 DX replaces the DAC2 D while adding several important features:
- Dual analog output buses
- XLR AES digital input
- 12V trigger I/O
- Improved DIM and MUTE functions
- Reference-Quality Studio Monitoring
- Sound-Card Elimination for Computer Audio
- Stand-Alone Headphone Amplifier for Digital Sources
- USB to SPDIF Transfer Device
The DAC2 DX uses digital connections (USB, Optical, Coaxial, or AES) to bypass the low-quality built-in converters that are included in many audio products.
- Audio Output Device for Music and Video Servers
- Home Hi-Fi Playback from Digital Sources
- Audio Output Device for TV and Home Theater Systems
The DAC2 DX is Benchmark's newest 2-channel D/A converter. When compared to the legendary DAC1, the DAC2 has lower noise, lower distortion, and improved accuracy. The DAC1 became a reference standard in many of the finest recording studios and mastering rooms. The DAC2 defines a new reference.
DAC2 converters deliver outstanding musical detail and precise stereo imaging. They employ an advanced high-headroom digital filter design, and a new high-sample-rate Asynchronous USB Audio interface. All inputs are fully isolated from interface jitter by Benchmark's new UltraLock2™ jitter attenuation system.
Internal digital processing and conversion is 32-bits, and includes 3.5 dB of headroom above 0 dBFS. Three balanced 32-bit D/A converter are summed together for the main output bus. Two channels are reserved for the auxiliary RCA output bus.
The performance of the DAC2 DX exceeds the measurement limits of today's state-of-the art test equipment.
Native DSD Conversion
DSD (in DoP 1.1 format) is automatically detected on USB, coaxial, and XLR digital inputs. The system seamlessly switches between native DSD and native PCM conversion. DoP 1.1 is supported by many media players, and DSD downloads are now available from several sources.
Enjoy seamless transitions between native DSD and native PCM playback.
Direct Connectivity to Power Amplifiers and Powered Monitors
Benchmark DAC1 and DAC2 converters are designed to directly drive power amplifiers and powered speakers. Benchmark converters feature adjustable low-impedance passive attenuators at the XLR outputs that can be used to optimize the interface to the power amplifier (or powered monitor). The sonic importance of these attenuators cannot be overemphasized. Proper gain matching between the DAC/preamplifer and the power amplifier is essential for achieving peak system performance. The attenuators allow precise matching to all amplifiers and powered monitors.
Passive output attenuators are only found on Benchmark converters - don't settle for anything less.
All Benchmark converters are designed for maximum transparency. This transparency is absolutely essential in the studio monitoring chain. DAC2 converters are ideal for critical reference-quality professional systems. In home applications, the DAC2 delivers the sonic signature that was created in the recording studio.
Hear the music exactly as it was heard in the studio.
Take the Studio Home
When Benchmark's professional converters are used in hi-fi applications, studio-quality sound can be enjoyed in a home environment.
Discover the natural, uncolored, analog sound of the DAC2.
- Sample-Rate Display
- Word-Length Display
- Six Digital Inputs
- Three Stereo Analog Outputs
- Two Independent Analog Output Buses
- Digital Pass Through
- Dual HPA2 Headphone Outputs
- Headphone Mute Switch - left headphone jack mutes main output, function may be defeated
- Native DSD Conversion
- Native PCM Conversion
- Asynchronous USB 2.0
- Asynchronous USB 1.1 for Driverless Operation
- Volume Control Bypass Function for Main Bus
- Volume Control Bypass Function for Auxiliary Bus
- 12V Trigger I/O - for sequenced system power switching
- Mute Relays - on all analog outputs
- Optional IR Remote Control - with heavy-duty metal housing
- Power Switch
- Low Power Consumption
Benchmark includes some exciting technologies in the DAC2:
- Hybrid Gain Control
- Low-Impedance Passive Output Attenuators
- High-Headroom DSP
- UltraLock2 Jitter Attenuation System
- High-Headroom 32-bit DSP
- Quad 32-bit balanced D/A Conversion System
- Multi-Mode Asynchronous USB Audio System
- Digital Diagnostic Display
- Volume-Control Bypass
- Digital Pass Through
- Distributed Power Regulation
- "Zero-Ohm" HPA2 Headphone Amplifier