The Benchmark 1394a Card provides a bi-directional 16-channel audio interface for FireWire 400 (IEEE 1394a) for Benchmark System16(TM) products. The card can act as a master sync source, or it may lock to the system clock in Benchmark products. The card supports 16 bi-directional channels at 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, and 192 kHz. Drivers are available for OSX, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP. Two 6-conductor FireWire 400 connectors allow daisy chaining with other FireWire devices. The bi-directional interface provides access to the converter and the digital I/O on the rear panel of Benchmark converters. For example, the converters in a Benchmark ADC16 can send audio to the workstation while the workstation sends audio to the AES digital output ports on the ADC16. The AES digital output ports on the ADC16 can be connected to the AES digital input ports on a DAC16 or DAC1 converter. The DAC16 does not need a firewire card if a card is installed in an ADC16.
- Format - IEEE 1394a-2000 (FireWire 400)
- Connectors - IEEE 1394 6-pin alpha - qty 2
- Input Channels - 16 (at all sample rates)
- Output Channels - 16 (at all sample rates)
- Sample Rates - 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, and 192 kHz
* Benchmark converters can act as clock master, or may be slaved to WC, SC, AES, or S/PDIF
- Clock modes - master clock, or slave to Benchmark converter *