Microphones are analogue, speakers are analogue, storage is mostly digital and signal processing can be either analogue or digital, software or hardware based. At some point in the signal path, a high quality A/D converter is required, which faithfully reproduces analogue signals in the digital domain. Step up to the new Drawmer A2D2…
The A2D2 is a stereo A/D converter giving simultaneous dual stereo outputs at different selectable sample rates from 44.1kHz to 192kHz - so it is possible to have a main output at, say 192kHz with another at 44.1kHz as a low resolution copy.
- Accurate 24 segment peak reading LED bar meters shows incoming signal level from -50dBfs to 0dBfs plus separate overload LEDs.
- Dual input configuration allows either a fully variable input level from -2dBu to +28dBu via front panel rotary controls or 24 turn precision presets for a fully calibrated input.
- Each digital output has selectable word length of 16 or 24 bits, with automatic dither generation.
- The internal low jitter clock generator is Grade 1 AES standard.
- External clock input.
- 3 word clock outputs to allow the A2D2 to act as master clock generator.
- Burr Brown analogue input stages.
- The A2D2 uses a linear power supply to minimise interference with the internal clocks.