The Ferrofish A16 AE is the little brother of the A16 MK-II, including powerful 24 bit, 96 kHz AD/DA conversion, a robust design and simple user interface. With 16 inputs and 16 outputs, all professional balanced analogue design, as well as ADAT I/O, it is a very cost effective solution with a range of interfacing options. Attach an A16 AE to the RME Fireface UFX or two to the RME HDSPe RayDAT for example.
On top of this, the A16 AE is equipped with two high-resolution TFT screens displaying level meters and clock status, as well as a straightforward front panel menu with input gain, output trim and clock options. Comprehensive remote control software is also available that allows you to configure all these parameters over a MIDI connection.
That is not the end of the possibilities. The A16 AE can be upgraded to the same specification as the A16 MK-II after purchase; adding MADI I/O, more powerful routing options and 192 kHz support.
The Ferrofish A16 AE is a great combination of price and performance that can’t fail to impress.
· Analog: 16 balanced TRS I/O - 24 bit / 192 kHz converters
· MADI: optical MADI I/O (incl. MIDI over MADI)
· ADAT: 2 x ADAT I/O (16 ch
· BNC Wordclock
· Two TFT displays with high-res level metering on all inputs and outputs
· Input-gain and output-levels individually adjustable for each channel
· 32 bit high performance ARM(TM) processor
· Easy channel assignment with the graphical routing software
· Preset management
· Key lock
· SMUX control
· Remote software for the A16 MK-II via MIDI or MADI (MIDI over MADI)
· Cascading of multiple A16 MK-II via MADI