The Forsell Techonologies MADC-2 is an extremely high-quality, two-channel Analog to Digital Converter (ADC) that raises the bar on sound conversion. Offering the ultimate in sound transparency and depth, the Forssell MADC-2 opens up a new dimension in the realm of AD converters.
- Housed in a 1U rack mount enclosure, the MADC-2 is designed for the most demanding applications where capturing musical performances with accuracy is required.
- Sample rates from 44.1k to 192k Fs are selected with a single front panel switch, and LED indicators display the selected sample rate.
- Digital "clipping" is indicated with a single front panel LED that latches on until the "reset" switch is pressed.
- Analog circuitry features an all Class A discrete JFET with no IC opamps used in the signal path.
- The analog inputs use high-quality XLR connectors.
- The digital outputs provided are AES3 (XLR),SPDIF (RCA), and Word Clock output (BNC) are provided. An additional Word Clock output is available as an option. The MADC-2 digital output word length is fixed at 24 bits.
- Sample Rates available: 44.1k, 48k, 88.2k, 96k, 176.4k and 192k
- Level Calibration = 0 dBu = -16 dBFs or =18 dBFs (jumper selected) - Other calibration levels available on request
- Analog Input Impedance = greater than 10k ohm balanced
- Maximum analog input level is a function level calibration (no analog clipping).
- AES3 (XLR) digital output impedance = 110 ohm balanced floating
- SPDIF (RCA) digital output impedance = 75 ohm balanced floating
- WC output = +5V (TTL) unterminated. Requires 75 ohm load termination at load.
Please note: There are no provisions for external sync input, word length reduction, level metering, level adjustment, or limiting/compression features with this converter.