The MADC-4 is an extremely high-quality, four-channel Analog to Digital Converter (ADC) that raises the bar on sound conversion. Offering the ultimate in sound transparency and depth, the Forssell Technologies MADC-4 opens up a new dimension in the realm of AD converters.
Housed in a 1U rack mount enclosure, the MADC-4 is designed for the most demanding applications where capturing musical performances with accuracy is required.
Sample rates from 44.1k to 192k Fs are selected with a single front panel switch, and LED indicators display the selected sample rate.
Digital “clipping” is indicated with a single front panel LED that latches on until the “reset” switch is pressed.
Analog circuitry features an all Class A discrete JFET with no IC opamps used in the signal path.
The analog inputs use high-quality XLR connectors.
The digital outputs provided are AES3 (XLR),SPDIF (RCA), and Word Clock output (BNC) are provided. An additional Word Clock output is available as an option. The MADC-2 digital output word length is fixed at 24 bits.
- Sample Rates available: 44.1k, 48k, 88.2k, 96k, 176.4k and 192k
- Level Calibration: 0 dBu Input = -10 dBFs to –20 dBFs in 6 steps (jumpers)
- Analog Input Impedance: greater than 10k ohm balanced
- Maximum analog input level: function level calibration (no analog clipping)
- AES3 (XLR) digital output impedance: 110 ohm balanced floating
- SPDIF (RCA) digital output impedance: 75 ohm single ended
- WC Sync Input: unterminated TTL Level 32k Fs to 200 K Fs and vari-speed
- WC output: +5V (TTL) unterminated. Requires 75 ohm load termination at load