The Lynx Studio Technology Aurora 16/1824 features +18 dBu and +24 dBu full scale trim settings, which replace the +6 dBv and +20 dBu full scale trim settings of standard model.
The Aurora 16 and Aurora 8 AD/DA converters provide world-class analog to digital and digital to analog conversion in a compact one-rack space format. With sample rates up to 192 kHz, Aurora offers wide, open, uncompressed and unequalized audio for studios, mastering facilities, remote recording, broadcast and production. Lynx's exclusive SynchroLock word clock offers extreme jitter reduction, providing clean digital audio signals for Aurora and other digital devices in the studio.
Aurora also avoids some of the limitations that other pro level converters have. Aurora does not have a noisy fan, does not lose channel count at higher sample rates and does not require costly analog and digital modules to achieve the unit's full channel count.
Aurora can be used with any audio content. Equalization and limiting functions, which can color or alter the sound, have not been added. Lynx's design provides accurate conversion, clear clean audio, wide imaging ? the sound you put into Aurora is the sound that you get out of Aurora.
Several interfaces allow Aurora to be used in a number of different configurations. LT-HD allows Aurora to be recognized by and controlled from a Digidesign® ProTools|HD® system. FireWire access is easy using the LT-FW. 16 channels of ADAT Lightpipe I/O is made available with the LT-ADAT. And Lynx AES16 and AES16e allow interface with a wide range of Windows and Macintosh computers.
The Aurora 16 was nominated for a TEC award in 2005. Aurora with LT-HD has been nominated for a 2007 TEC award.
- Simultaneous 16 Channel Analog I/O and 16 Channel AES/EBU I/O
- 24 Bit / 192 kHz Mastering Quality A/D and D/A conversion
- 192 kHz AES/EBU I/O Supporting Single and Dual Wire Modes
- Single Rack Space Configuration
- Extensive Remote Control Capability via Lynx AES16, IrDA and MIDI
- On-board 32 Channel Digital Mixer Provides Flexible I/O Routing
- Word clock I/O with Lynx SynchroLock Sample Clock Technology
- Digital I/O DB-25 connectors follow Yamaha pinout protocol
- Analog I/O DB-25 connectors follow Tascam pinout protocol
- RoHS compliant
- Available in 100V, 115V and 230V models