SoundGrid Studio System
The Next Generation of Sound Technology.
The SoundGrid Studio System is a real-time processing and networking platform designed to bring your studio up to light speed. It allows your DAW to offload its plugin processing and enables your devices to communicate with one another and with the devices of the people you work with. The SoundGrid Studio System integrates seamlessly with all DAWs and SoundGrid-compatible I/Os, providing endless possibilities for setups of every size—from a single DAW with one SoundGrid I/O, to an entire network of host computers, I/Os, and SoundGrid DSP servers.
Get More from Your System. A Lot More.
Features and Benefits
- Real-Time Processing – Run hundreds of plugins simultaneously
- Low-Latency Monitoring – Track and rehearse with full-on plugins in near-zero latency
- Networking – Connect everything and everyone through a centralized hub
- Seamless Integration – Connect multiple DAWs using the SoundGrid ASIO/Core Audio driver
- Open Architecture – Compliant with SoundGrid-compatible Waves and third-party plugins
How the SoundGrid Studio System Works
- SoundGrid Studio Application – For managing the SoundGrid network on your host computer
- eMotion ST Mixer – Low-latency monitoring for tracking and rehearsing
- StudioRack – For running plugin chains, saving & loading their presets, and offloading their processing to a SoundGrid DSP server
- SoundGrid ASIO/Core Audio Driver – Connects any DAW to the SoundGrid network as a software I/O
- Connect at least one SoundGrid-compatible I/O to your computer/s and establish a SoundGrid network.
- Setup and route your devices from within the SoundGrid Studio Application.
- Instantly achieve real-time:
- Processing (using StudioRack and a SoundGrid DSP server)
- Monitoring (using the eMotion ST mixer)
Quick Tour of the SoundGrid Studio System
eMotion ST Mixer Overview
SoundGrid Studio Application
SoundGrid Studio is an application for managing the SoundGrid network’s hardware and software devices on your host computer. An open platform that seamlessly integrates with all DAWs and SoundGrid-compatible I/Os, SoundGrid Studio provides endless possibilities for setups of every size, from a single DAW with one SoundGrid I/O, to a whole network of host computers, I/Os and SoundGrid DSP servers.
The SoundGrid Studio ASIO/Core Audio driver and dynamic I/O mapping ability let you configure your network, manage its various components and set up any combination of SoundGrid-compatible devices. The system's configuration module lets you assign and route drivers and hardware devices. SoundGrid also enables I/O sharing between several computers whose resources are managed from the designated host computer.
eMotion ST Mixer
eMotion ST is the mixer part of the SoundGrid application. It integrates with StudioRack and lets you run SoundGrid plugins for low-latency monitoring, providing you with complex monitor mixing options.
Highlighted eMotion ST specs:
- 8 multi-purpose mono/stereo input channels
- 2 stereo FX aux buss/return and 6 stereo aux buss/return
- 64 mono channel feeds from StudioRack plugins
- 8 insert slots per channel for SoundGrid plugins
- Connect multiple SoundGrid-compatible devices and hosts
- Compliant with SoundGrid-compatible Waves and third-party plugins
- Fully integrates with StudioRack
- Use SoundGrid plugins as standalone processors for any purpose
- Learn More
StudioRack is a software rack designed to run plugin chains, giving you the choice of directing the processing to a SoundGrid DSP server or to your host computer’s CPU. When processing your plugin chains on SoundGrid, StudioRack lets you monitor your tracks in low latency via the eMotion ST Mixer. Compatible with most popular hosts, StudioRack has a dedicated component for Pro Tools TDM and HDX systems, giving you access to both Avid and Waves offload capabilities.
StudioRack’s unique features:
- Compatible with most native DAWs
- Bridges Pro Tools HD and HDX DSP with the SoundGrid DSP server in order to process plugins in low latency while recording
- Compatible with Waves and third-party plugins
- Plugin chains used for low-latency monitoring are instantly available for mixing as well
- Up to 8 plugins per rack
- Fully automatable
- Presets for plugin chains can be saved to and loaded from any DAW
- Quick access to plugin parameters within your chain
- Intuitive MIDI control over all plugins
- Avid Control Surface support
- Learn More