SCOTTS VALLEY, CA • November 3, 2016 — Universal Audio, a leading manufacturer of professional audio recording hardware and software, is pleased to announce Thunderbolt compatibility for Windows 10 users and Console 2 for Apollo FireWire users as part of UAD Software v9.0*.
Now, Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin, Apollo 8 (DUO and QUAD), Apollo 8p, Apollo 16, and Apollo FireWire audio interfaces, as well as UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt devices can all be connected to Windows 10 computers that include a Thunderbolt 3 connection (qualified Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt adapter required).
Also released in UAD Software v9.0 is Console 2 for Apollo and Apollo 16 FireWire interfaces. With improved functionality over the original Console app, Console 2 gives Apollo FireWire users a host of new features, including drag-and-drop plug-in arranging and custom channel strip settings designed by top producers and engineers including Darrell Thorp (Beck, Radiohead), Dave Isaac (Prince, Eric Clapton), Jeff Balding (Taylor Swift, Megadeth), and more.
Thunderbolt Compatibility for Windows 10 Systems — Key Features
- All Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo and UAD-2 devices now available to Windows 10 users with Thunderbolt 3 PCs
- Allows current PC-based Apollo and Apollo 16 FireWire users to upgrade their rigs to Thunderbolt speed and stability with UA's Thunderbolt Option Card
- Compatible with Windows 10 64-bit only
- PCs must be equipped with Thunderbolt 3 via USB-C
Console 2 for Apollo FireWire — Key Features
* For more information about these new features, including full compatibility specs, please visit help.uaudio.com.
- High resolution resizable software interface for all Apollo models
- Channel Strip presets lets users see, save, and recall UAD plug-in chains
- New UAD plug-in categories and individual Show/Hide functionality
- Enhanced plug-in features such as preset auditioning and drag & drop functionality
- Per-input Record/Monitor effect switching
- Multi-level Undo and Redo for plug-in assignments and parameters
Press Releases and Images for UAD Software v9.0 can be found here:
Learn more about UAD Software v9.0 here:
Learn more about the Apollo audio interface here:
Learn more about award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins:
Universal Audio Announces Thunderbolt Compatibility for Windows 10 Systems
Console 2 for Apollo FireWire interfaces also included in UAD Software v9.0