Universal Audio Releases the Chandler Limited Zener Limiter and A/DA STD-1 Stereo Tapped Delay Plug-Ins
— Now Available in the UA Online Store as Part of UAD Software v9.0 —
SCOTTS VALLEY, CA • NOVEMBER 3, 2016 — Universal Audio is pleased to announce the release of UAD Software v9.0. Alongside the new API 2500 Bus Compressor plug-in, this latest software release features two exclusive new plug-ins for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo audio interfaces — the Chandler Limited Zener Limiter and the A/DA STD-1 Stereo Tapped Delay.
Chandler Limited® Zener Limiter® Plug-In — $299
Developed for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform by Softube, the Chandler Limited Zener Limiter plug-in is an exacting emulation of the high-end hardware. Inspired by the iconic EMI TG limiters and rare RS168 from Abbey Road Studios, the Chandler Limited Zener Limiter is an evolution of the limiters used to track Pink Floyd and The Beatles, now reimagined to work in a modern context with a greatly expanded range and new settings. Softube emulated the Zener Limiter’s circuits end-to-end, including its filter inductors, germanium transistors, transformers, and circuit nonlinearities.
Chandler Limited Zener Limiter Plug-In Key Features:
- Exacting emulation of this modern classic limiter for mixing and mastering, fully authenticated by Chandler Limited
- Based on the vintage EMI limiters used to record The Beatles and Pink Floyd
- Models entire Chandler Limited TG12413 Zener Limiter electronic path including transformers and circuit nonlinearities
- Plug-in-only features include Mid/Side functionality and channel linking
- Artist presets from Tony Maserati (Beyonce, Lady Gaga) Howard Willing (Gavin DeGraw, Smashing Pumpkins), Kevin Kadish (Meghan Trainor, Jason Mraz), and more included
A/DA® STD-1 Stereo Tapped Delay Plug-In — $199
Developed by Brainworx exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo audio interfaces, the A/DA STD-1 Stereo Tapped Delay plug-in is an exacting emulation of the rare, cult classic analog rack unit. With its array of six bucket-brigade delays, LFO and modulation controls, and flexible panning, the A/DA STD-1 Stereo Tapped Delay is revered by guitarists for its complex modulation, and engineers who use it to widen signals and add unique spatial effects to vocals, drums, synths, and more.
A/DA STD-1 Stereo Tapped Delay Plug-In Key Features:
- Officially licensed and approved by A/DA Signal Processors
- Exacting circuit emulation of this hard-to-find hardware including bucket-brigade-delay distortion nonlinearities
- Six variable delay taps, each with independent stereo assignment
- Powerful Delay section with internal modulation controls and precise mix parameters
- Independent Dry/Wet mix control for each stereo output
- Plug-in-only controls include internal soft peak limiter option for feedback module and noise floor control
Press Releases and Images for UAD Software v9.0 can be found here:
Learn more about the UAD Software v9.0 here:
Learn more about the Chandler Limited Zener Limiter plug-in here:
Learn more about the A/DA STD-1 Stereo Tapped Delay plug-in here:
Learn more about award-winning Apollo audio interfaces here:
Universal Audio Releases the Chandler Limited Zener Limiter and A/DA STD-1 Stereo Tapped Delay Plug-
Universal Audio is pleased to announce the release of UAD Software v9.0.