1. Dear Guest, if you haven't already... enter to WIN Samplitude Pro X4!
    Dismiss Notice

1176 Hookup...

Discussion in 'Compressors / Limiters (analog)' started by millionvalve, Feb 27, 2003.

  1. millionvalve

    millionvalve Guest

    Are those bare wire hookups I see on the backs of these, or an I missing "high-end audio connection knowledge"?

  2. RecorderMan

    RecorderMan Distinguished Member

    Mar 28, 2001
    They're called barrier strips. Standard in Pre'80's. Made sense if you were permanentlt insatting them in a rack. Much cheaper, you jsut hooked them up to the bare wire from your tie lines in the rack, and saved the cost (as well as extra metal/metal contacts) of xlr connectors.
  3. sdevino

    sdevino Active Member

    Mar 31, 2002
    Bare wire hookup is THE highest quality connection there is. Make sure you don't tin the wires because you want the screw head to flatten the wires and get as much surface area as you can.

    Most vintage gear has barrier strip or terminal block or screw on what ever your prefered term is.

  4. millionvalve

    millionvalve Guest

    Thanks guys. That actually makes perfect sense.


Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice