808 Sound with Deep Bass Lines?

Discussion in 'Synths / Samplers & VSTi' started by layitdown, Jun 17, 2004.

1. layitdown

layitdown Guest

I am looking for something that can give me that 808 sound with heavy bass lines, any suggestions?

2. anodized

anodized Guest

Moog Minimoog.

3. daniel_c

daniel_c Guest

Er... do you mean 303? The Roland TR-808 is a dum machine. Novation Bass Staion and A Station are pretty cool.

4. no he means 808. and 808 kick, ala lil john, 3 6 mafia, south music!!!
    i design most of my 808's with mpc2000xl's or roland mv8000's.. sometimes my triton.

the 808 is a well know kick over hiphop and r&b music. the original sounds yes came from the roland tr-808 drum machine

5. boheme6

boheme6 Guest

believe it or not - I nailed an 808 kick with a K2000... used to use it on all kinds of hip-hop guys who I recorded.. they loved it.
    "-)

6. anodized

anodized Guest

808 sound?

Well, 808 samples. No brainer.

7. layitdown

layitdown Guest

to c9productions

how do you go abt using the triton., i have the studio workstation but i cant get that get low bass track. please describe to me your steps.
    thanks

8. anodized

anodized Guest

http://www.korg.com

9. i also have a triton studi. design your own dums kits, simple as that. go through and edit the decay, tuning etc.. its not hard to do.. just open up the manual. right now i have my partners motif es over here.. once we trade back later this week if you haven't built a kit i'll walk you through it but its real simple. the really easy way is to load up some akai mpc samples and edit them.
    i'm about to add a fantom-X(Fu*kin awesome board) and a a roland mv-8000 to my production rig

10. dabmeister music

dabmeister music Active Member

Home Page:
    I've used a Roland R-8 w/ the "Dance" rom-card or the MPC4000 which has a awesome internal sound library already loaded and ready to go.

11. jst0rm0110

jst0rm0110 Guest

no mention of a jomox xbase09? The kick is all analog and can get really soft like a 808 kick but also harder like a 909. Very thick sound with a release like 2 seconds or more in length at max. 2 lfos to add more subtle shaping to the kick help and the sequencer rocks. Compared to some of this other gear its a afterthought at around $500 used.